Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Vintage Teddy Panel

Hi dear friends, hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  In Western Australia it is a long weekend here and I also get an extra day off on Tuesday as the kids have a student free day, so I need to stay home with my son (this is an added bonus as it also falls on my birthday).  I don't very often get the day off work on my birthday, so it will be a lovely change.

I had a little vintage teddy panel in my fabric stash and it was a circular design as the teddy was sat on a wreath.  I had this idea to use it and finish it up as one of my hanging wicker finishes, the circle design fit perfectly in the middle.  I used one of the trims that I bought at the Quilt Fair and a candy cane button as the feature at the top instead of a bow.


At first I was a little concerned that to much of the wicker was showing around the outside, but then again if I started putting things on it like beads or charms it might start to look to busy.  I need to stand and stare at it abit longer to make sure I am happy with it.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

15 comments:

Barb said...

I think Teddy looks great! Have a wonderful birthday!

butterfly said...

How pretty I love your teddy , you have so much talent.
Happy Birthday Lisa.

Brigitte said...

Your teddy is looking great.

Shebafudge said...

Personally, I think your teddy looks perfect, although if you're not sure you can always send him over here for a closer look ;)

Happy birthday for Tuesday!!!! Have a great day. xx

Maria said...

Your orie looks lovely..
Wishing you a very happy birthday on Tuesday Lisa... Enjoy your extra day off.

KimM said...

I love it just as it is. Well done and so cute!!
xxx

Bev said...

Your teddy looks just perfect hope you have a lovely birthday xx

gracie said...

Very nice Teddy!

diamondc said...

I think he is adorable, I like the way you finished him.

Blessings
Catherine

Hooked on Stitches said...

I think the Teddy is adorable as is. Hope you have a great day off for your Birthday :)

cucki said...

Your teddy is looking so lovely xx

Mii Stitch said...

Oooh this looks just so pretty!!

Anthea said...

hi Lisa - I really only noticed the wicker outer, because you mentioned it - I think the whole piece looks great & the teddy is very cute! What a sweet little make
x

Maggee said...

I like the Teddy finish! There is just the right amount of edging... very cute!

shez said...

Looks perfect Lisa,well done xx