Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Craft & Quilt Fair 2015

It was that time of the year again, and I made my way into Perth for the annual Craft & Quilt Fair.  Met up with the lovely blogging girls again and this time got to meet some new ladies to.  It's always so lovely to catch up, as it's my only chance to talk stitching and sewing with some like minded friends.  They are always great fun.

The Fair seemed a little smaller this year, not as many rows of booths as before.  Most disappointing of all was the one cross stitch booth, and the majority of merchandise on offer were old designs and kits. No wonder us cross stitchers resort to online shopping for supplies, they just don't have the wonderful supplies and designers here like over in the US.  
Some great fabric stalls, trims and embellishment stalls and tools and gadgets though!
Here's a photo of the goodies I bought.


A set of strip piecing rulers, hexagon tablemat kit, Rosalie Quinlan bunny kit, trims, unpicker tool, snowflake charms, a cross stitch kit with hanger, Winter themed cross stitch book and a cute elephant themed bunny rug kit complete with gorgeous minky fabric.

I have some more photos on my phone which I have to work out how to download, they are of some of the lovely quilts on display at the Fair.  My blogging friend Julia had a quilt in the show and she won Second Place in the "Professional Traditional" section with a gorgeous Dresden, she was also recognised with a "Retaining The Tradition" award.  Congratulations Julia, it was just stunning to see it in person.

I forgot to show you all a completed photo of my Prairie House stitchery.  I decided to do it all in red.


Until next time, happy stitching/sewing
Lisa

10 comments:

shez said...

Hi Lisa ,so glad you had a great time with the girls,they are a fun lot,blog guy get togethers are great. Wow love your new purchases, and boy love your work ,well done xx

Barb said...

I love that all red stitching. I live in the US but no needlework shop near me. I have to do almost all of my ordering online too. However, it is really easy to get DMC floss. I know that is not true for everyone.

Maria said...

Was fabulous catching up again and it just does not seem long enough to sit and chat. Must organise a day long GTG.
I agree the craft show wasn't as big.you did manage to purchase some nice goodies.
Your stitchery looks great in Red.

butterfly said...

Love your red work, and all your lovely goodies.
Yes it is the same here when we have our shows , old charts and kits way to much money they are asking for them too.
Where are the charts you can buy ! like they can else where ! I am sure they would sell far more .

Grit said...

Your Red work looks fantastic.
Grit from Germany

Anthea said...

Lisa, we ended up getting some great buys, despite the general feeling of disappointment... imagine how much we could spend if it was all really good, LOL!

Maggee said...

It is sad when you go to a show and do not find what interests you the most! Tho you did manage to buy a few things! Love the stitchery piece!

Hooked on Stitches said...

Love the new stash and the stitchery finish. Glad to hear you had a lovely time :)

Brigitte said...

It's always great to get together with other stitchers. But not so good that the cross stitching stuff wasn't available at the fair. It's mostly the same here and there's no other way than ordering online what I need.

diamondc said...

Love the Prairie House stitch, so sweet, look at all the yummy goodies you have, lucky girl.

Blessings
Catherine