Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Stitchery Update

I thought I would show the progress on my Prairie House stitchery.  As you can see I am nearly done, with the final part of the border all that's left, oh and one door knob I forgot.
I wanted to ask your opinions on something before it is completely finished.  In the sample photo this piece has been completed all in red.  I was thinking about being a little different and making the stars stand out in a gold coloured thread.  


What do you think, keep the whole piece in red, or do the stars in gold?

The month's are speeding by and I was looking at the calendar the other day and realised that I am only 2 months away from my big 40th birthday this year.  Argghhh, it seems to have come along so quickly, i'm sure I only turned 30 not long ago, mmmmm!!!
Before you all ask, I am not having a huge party or anything along those lines.  I'm a quiet person and don't really like parties and celebrations.  I will probably have dinner with immediate family, but i'm not one to make a big fuss.

Well I don't know about you all, but I will be spending this weekend trying to stay away from the chocolate that will take over my fridge this Easter.  My son will no doubt have a few to bring home from his Grandparents, plus the ones that we have for him, and then I received a box of Favourites from the boss yesterday.  Oh dear, I don't like my chances!
Hope you all have a lovely Easter break, and take care especially on the roads.  Drive safe!!

Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

11 comments:

Lana said...

Your piece looks beautiful! I vote for gold stars!

shez said...

hi Lisa i love this,i think keep it all red,but i am sure it will look awesome which ever way you go,happy easter xx

Angela P said...

I think your stitchery will look lovely with either choice :) Happy Easter!

butterfly said...


Love your stitching I would stay with the red.

Wait untill you are 40 , then all at once you are 60 turning to nearly 70 ! Time goes quick when you are having fun. Hugs.

Carol said...

Your piece is darling, Lisa--I would keep it all red, but go with what YOU like :) 40 sounds so very young to me having just turned 60! I'm the same as you--hate having a fuss made over me; I guess all quiet people are like that!

Happy Easter to you!

Maria said...

and I would do GOLD.. I make them pop..

Oh it was forever ago I turned 40...LOL

Enjoy your choccies.....

Thoeria said...

Lovely stitching!
I'm for the gold stars :)

Mii Stitch said...

I would stay with the red too!
I turned 40 last year and was feeling suddenly"old"!! Will be 41 in two months and I'm thinking what was I worried about? Go with the flow, life is too short :)

diamondc said...

Beautiful stitching.
30 was hard for me, now I am in my sixties and loving it.

Catherine

Catherine

Maggee said...

Your stitchery looks great--and I think I would stick to one color to finish... Tho I don't know of many who make them, so nothing to compare to here! Hugs!

Jeneta said...

I LOVE this!