Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Finish

I know, it's been a long time coming, but I finally do have a finish to show.
This was the lovely stitching that my dear friend Angela sent me in our exchange.  We had to stitch each other a design and then send it over and we then had to finish it off ourselves.  So here is what I made my sweet rabbit design into.


I was lucky to have this great matching brown/blue fabric in my stash, and my vision all along was a long pillow, I just had to go through my stash and find the right embellishments to make it all come together.  The sweet lace trim and flower button were just right.

I have finished the Prairie house stitchery piece as well and just have to decide on a finish for that now.

Now the weather is cooling down here i'm really hoping my mojo comes back and I can start on my cross stitching again.  I have also decided that I find the applique craft more fun than doing patchwork/quilting designs.  I just don't enjoy all the cutting process parts of doing patchwork, that's what puts me off and makes me stop and hold off on projects.  I finished the Sew Sweet Simplicity number 1 block but could not motivate myself to get stuck into the second one, it's because of the cutting out of all the block elements, and stitching them all together making sure everything lines up, it's just not for me.  But when it comes to doing an applique design I seem to love that process, cutting out the shapes and then blanket stitching them to the background piece, it definately seems to hold my attention more.  So I think applique and cross stitch is what I will try focusing on for now.  My first Sew Sweet Simplicity block I am going to finish into a small wall hanging eventually as I don't want it going to waste.

Until next time, happy stitching/applique my friends
Lisa

11 comments:

Annette-California said...

Beautiful! I love this sweet design. I have it in my to do pile - lol!
Lovely finishing. love Annette

Carol said...

Your finish is adorable, Lisa--isn't it great when you come upon the perfect fabric for finishing!

Kay said...

I really like this long cushion design. It is a great idea to send them as unfinished pieces because it could save a lot on international postage that way.

diamondc said...

Lovely finish, I love applique.

Catherine

Angela P said...

Love the finish Lisa :)

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful finish Lisa :)

Anthea said...

Lisa you've done a great job finishing the cross stitch into the long pillow you envisioned!

As for your sewing & applique, I'm so pleased that you're finding something that you enjoy to do - patchwork doesn't appeal to everyone & applique is a beautiful skill, good on you x

Andrea said...

A beautiful finish, it compliments Angela's stitching wonderfully well.

shez said...

Wow Lisa your bunny is so cute,well done xx

Maggee said...

That's a really cute finish Lisa! I am going to give applique a try again... I really like it too! But paired with simple quilting (Like a mug rug), it looks super!

Shannon Meyer said...

This is just lovely, that fabric goes with the project perfectly!!