Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

I'm Trying...

my hand at a little stitchery.  I purchased this design by "Buzzy Bee Buttons" which contains a pre printed stitchery and instructions to make this prairie house pillow.


And here is my progress picture so far.  Just getting the hang of keeping those stitches the same size and making sure to go back into the same hole that the previous stitch made, but all in all i'm enjoying it.  Quite different from cross stitch!


I also recently purchased these two books from Anthea in her stash sale.  Some Hatched and Patched ornies that I would like to do for Christmas (well some of them anyway), and a gorgeous Christmas craft book by Natalie Ross.  There are some lovely Christmas projects in this one.  Thanks Anthea, i'm sure going to have fun with these.


Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

13 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Well you're off to a great start!!! It looks lovely and so neat. Well done :)

gracie said...

Embroidery is a nice change from making xx's! Looks very nice...

D1-D2 said...

The prairie house pattern is so cute. How do you like this type of embroidery?

Carol said...

Your red stitching is looking so pretty, Lisa... I haven't done that in years, but that is actually how I began my foray into needlework way back in the early 70s. I did a few pillowcases for my mom and a Holly Hobbie girl for my little sister--wonder what ever happened to them :)

Your new books look like they'll keep you busy for quite a while--so many cute projects!

Have a lovely day :)

Jacquie Morris said...

Oh my!! You are making great progress!! Your stitching is brilliant... It's fantastic your trying something new :). I love the thrill of it all :)
Oooh always exciting to get new things... Looking forward to seeing what you make from the books :)
Smiles :)

butterfly said...


Love your stitchery, I have just started one I brought for the summer to stitch in the garden so I am stitching the outline ready .
Your's looks great.

Linda said...

Love your new project and stash Lisa.

Linda

Angela P said...

What a great idea to try something new, your progress looks lovely too! Great Christmas books :)

Barb said...

That design is going to be very pretty!You are off to a good start!

Brigitte said...

That's a great start into stitchery. I have never tried it myself but I love the look of it.

diamondc said...

I like this pattern.
Nice Christmas books

Catherine

Anthea said...

I hope you enjoy the books Lisa...
As for your stitchery, it's looking great so far; you'll work out your technique & be whizzing along in no time!

Maggee said...

I was wondering how you do stitchery when it is not stamped on the fabric? I guess you draw it on... hmmm... I look forward to seeing your finish! Hugs!