Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

SSCS & Travelling Pirate Treasures

I was so excited to unwrap my SSCS gift on Christmas morning.  This is my first year participating in Chooky's SSCS and it has been rather enjoyable.
My Secret Santa turned out to be Tonje from Norway.  Here is what was in my parcel.


I just love the gorgeous table mat that she made for me, it has such lovely colours and its just perfect.  She also made me a little fabric basket that I am going to use for putting my threads in when I am at the sewing machine or when I am stitching, also the colourful dishcloth she knitted reminds me of sherbet.  And there were some Norway souvenirs for me aswell.
Thank you Tonje for a wonderful first SSCS swap, I shall treasure all that you sent me.


Here is what I sent to my partner Lyn in New Zealand.  The decoration I showed earlier, the larger gift was a pieced stocking.  I received a lovely email from Lyn on Christmas Day just before she was heading off on a plane to fly to Sydney to spend Christmas with her Mum.  I'm glad you liked your gifts Lyn.

I have also just received the Travelling Treasures Pirate Chest of charts.  Here is what I chose to keep from the chest.


The Brightneedle design included linen and threads aswell.
I have now added in quite a few charts to the mix and it will now be making it's journey to Kaye over the other side of Australia.
Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

13 comments:

Maria said...

Such lovely SSCS gifts you received from Tonje all the way from Norway....
I can see why Lyn was happy with her gifts from you. All lovely.

Lots of goodies were swapped in your Santa Sack Swap too.

Can't beleive its over for another year....

Thoeria said...

Lovely gifties both given and received :) And great choices from the pirate treasure chest!

KimM said...

Wonderful gifts given and received. Love your choices from the TCC! Take care -
xxx

gracie said...

I also enjoy the SSCS exchange...and love the Pirates Chest package idea. You made some nice choices....I look forward to seeing Kaye's post when it arrives there.

Annette-California said...

Very beautiful quilted gifts exchanged. And pretty Pirate Chest of charts too:)
Merry Christmas, love Annette

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely gifts both sent and received.......thanks for being part of the SSCS......

Kaisievic said...

Lovely exchange pieces, Lisa and ooh, I am next for the TCC - yay! I love the three designs which you chose. I wonder what is in the chest now?

Barb said...

Wonderful gifts both the given and the received!

Lana said...

Beautiful gifts!!! I'm enjoying watching the treasure chest being passed here and there and seeing what everyone is getting from it. I think it's a great idea!!

Maggee said...

Such a nice exchange of gifts--both sides! I have enjoyed seeing the pirate chest travel through blogland, and what is pulled from it. Clever idea! Enjoy your new stitches! Hugs!

Angela P said...

Wonderful exchanges ☺ I am without a computer right now, I have to make do with my tablet.

Andrea said...

A wonderful exchange. Great choices from the pirates chest.

cucki said...

Great exchange and lovely picks ;) from the chest..
Please count me in your traveling chest too
Thank you x