Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

For Angela

Angela has received the parcel with our freebie design private exchange inside.  As mentioned in a previous post we decided to stitch each other a freebie design and leave it unfinished, so we could then choose our own finish for it.

I stitched Angela the Barbara Ana's "You Melt My Heart" design.  WOW was this design colourful or what!!  I loved stitching it as it was so bright and cheery.  I used a piece of hand dyed evenweave called Hydrangea and that was so pretty aswell.


I also made Angela an appliqued tea towel to use for her Christmas celebrations and I also included a shop bought ornie for her tree.


We enjoyed the theme for this years private exchange so we might just repeat it again next year.
Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

11 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

Love the swap presents. The snowman does look very bright and happy.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Bev.

butterfly said...

Great exchange , love the snowman you stitched for Angela, Happy Christmas.

Brigitte said...

That's one thing that I love about Barbara Ana's designs - they usually are really colourful. You chose and stitched a great design by her for your exchange.

KimM said...

So sweet! Love the colors of your snowman.
Happy Christmas!
xxx

Maria said...

Beautiful gifts you made for Angela..

Angela P said...

I love, love, love my Snowman! I can't wait to get the finishing done. I agree this exchange idea would be perfect for next year too!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely exchange piece and I know how gorgeous your decorated tea towels are!

diamondc said...

Lisa: What an adorable freebie, love what you did with the applique.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Mmanka said...

Very colorful and happy snowman you stitched for Angela! That isa great exchange!

Andrea said...

What a great cheery snowman. A lovely exchange.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Stitching Noni said...

I love your snowman - he is very colourful! And your tea towel is a lovely gift :o)
Great idea for an exchange!
Hugs xx