Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve & Santa Sack Swap

As I am typing this post it is now 8.25pm.  We are keeping an eye on the Santa tracker and watching where he is in the world and shortly we will head out for a short walk around the neighbourhood to see the Christmas lights.

I again took part in Cheryll's wonderful Santa Sack Swap and this year my partner was Kaye.  I was going to leave some of the gifts until tomorrow to open, but I gave in.  Here is what Kaye made for me.



Gorgeous double sided tote bag.


Check out all those lovelies!

Here is what I made for Kaye.


I decided to send Kaye my stocking that I had made earlier in the year.

Extra gifts included a fabric bon bon I made, a Christmas house shaped pin cushion, appliqued tea towel, cross stitch kit, some present toppers and labels, novelty frame, tree ornie and beads.


Here is a close up of the tea towel.

Thanks Kaye for such a fun exchange, I enjoyed putting the swap together for you throughout the year, and a huge thanks to Swap Mama Cheryll for all the organising.

Before I leave I thought I would show you my tree and display set up for this year.


There's my SSCS parcel waiting patiently to be opened tomorrow, cant wait!!!



A close up of some of my ornies from dear friends over the years.


My side table dressed with all my sentimental ornaments.  My light up tree in the middle, a cross stitch box from Angela, my wonderful mini quilt I received from Sue for Christmas In July and also my tree is sat on top of the runner she made for me.  I am accumulating such beautiful items each year to add to this display.

Thank you for visiting with me throughout the year.  I will blog again before the year is up, but I just wanted to thank you all for your friendship.  It has been a tough year for me with health and also losing my beloved Jed so I am looking forward to a bright and joyful New Year for 2015.
Merry Christmas to you and your families, enjoy the festive break and please take care.
Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

11 comments:

Carol said...

Everything looks so festive and pretty, Lisa, and your exchange with Kaye was just wonderful...

I do hope your health problems disappear in 2015--may it bring much love and laughter your way! Merry Christmas, my friend :)

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR HUGS LYNDA RUTH LOVE YOUR BLOG TODAY

butterfly said...

Lovely post Lisa, love your exchanges and your pretty tree , Happy Christmas .

Thoeria said...

Oh my goodness Lisa.....both you and Kaye certainly outdid yourselves :) Gorgeous gifties!
Have a lovely Christmas and a safe New Years

Linda said...

Lovely exchange Lisa. Your tree and decorations are gorgeous.

Merry Christmas
Linda

Andrea said...

Wonderful exchange pieces, both sent and received. Your Christmas displays look so lovely.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

Cheryll said...

ALl your decorations look gorgeous Lisa...as are the gifts you received & sent. It was my pleasure having you in the swap too.
Merry Christmas... HoHoHo

Angela P said...

The exchange you sent and rec'd from Kaye are lovely! Your tree and display look fabulous. I spy many of the gifts I have made :) Merry Christmas dear Friend, may you and your family have a spectacular day :)

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad to see the SSCS was still safe..........I am sure you have ripped into it by now............Merry Christmas........

Maggee said...

Such pretties in your Swap! You both made a pretty group of presents for each other! Your tree looks really nice with the stitched ornaments on it. And your side table display is also quite pretty. Like the lighted tree! Hugs and Best Wishes for a wonderful New Year!

Sharon said...

Belated Merry Christmas Lisa... May you and yours have a prosperous, joyous and peaceful festive season...

Sharon - Melbourne x x