Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

It's Been A Sad Week!

On Tuesday I had to say goodbye to my dearest friend and best buddy "Jed".  15 years he was a special part of our lives, we bought him home as a 9 week old puppy.  He was 5 years old when I came home from hospital with my newborn son and they both grew up together.  
We were all with him together as a family as we said goodbye, as heartbreaking as it was we know he went peacefully.  I have lost my dear friend, a Staffie that we were so proud to call our own, a loving companion, a beautiful soul, my "Boof".

JED
"Boof"
Our Best Buddy
1999 - 2014

God saw he was getting tired, and a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around him and whispered, come with me.
With tearful eyes we watched him slowly fade away,
Although we loved him dearly, we could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, playful paws were put to rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us, he only takes the best.


21 comments:

shez said...

oh Lisa i am so sorry for your loss,sending you big hugs,may he rest in peace.xx

Nancy*Glory Bee said...

I am so sorry for your loss. He looks like a sweet boy, love the Christmas picture.

Anthea said...

Farewell Jed, you'll be missed xx

Lisa my friend, I'm so sorry to read about Jed... thanks for sharing with us... he knows he was loved. xo

butterfly said...

So sorry Lisa, it is so hard to say goodbye to a little friend, I still miss my Poppy so much , big Hugs & xxx.

gracie said...

There are never the right words....my Sherlock and Zoe will greet him Over Rainbow Bridge....

Sally said...

Hello Lisa

So sorry to hear about dear Jed.
What a lovely poem, made me cry x

Kay said...

So sorry. Love and hugs from another dog lover. x

Kate said...

I know how difficult it is to say goodbye to our faithful companions. You were so lucky to have Jed with you for 15 years. ♥

Mouse said...

awwwww sending (((huge hugs))) having been there, seen and done that, I know exactly how you are feeling my friend ... love mouse xxxxx

Maggee said...

So sorry to read about this... May you find comfort during this difficult time by remembering the great times together. Big Hugs!

Shebafudge said...

So sorry to hear of your sad news. RIP Jed xx

Blu said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way.

Natasha said...

Lisa, I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending warm hugs to you and your family. Lossing a special pet is never easy!! ((HUGS))

Barb said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dear dog! I know how much they become a part of the family. The sweet poem brought tears to my eyes.

Jennifer M. said...

Losing a furbaby is never easy. They are such special members of the family. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Sharon said...

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your buddy. No words I can offer will ease the pain - but know you and yours are in my prayers. Hugs

Sharon

Angela P said...

I am so sorry for your loss :) Losing our faithful companions is always difficult. You know you are in my thoughts dear friend :) Take care (big hugs).

Sharon said...

So sorry Lisa on the loss of your sweet Jed...hugs to you.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

It is very difficult to say goodbye to our fur children--they are such a part of our lives and family. He is not alone--he took a part of your heart with him for comfort and courage.

Carol said...

Jed sounds like a wonderful friend, Lisa--I'm so sorry he is gone. I know how much I still miss my dear kitty and it has been six years... Sending you a warm hug!

Andrea said...

so sorry Lisa, but it is a beautiful poem.