Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Blanket of Love #2

My latest finish is a small quilt for the Blankets of Love group run by Cheryll.


I had this cross stitch piece that had been stitched for me as part of a robin.  My dearest friend Angela stitched one of the teddies for me.  I found some fabric that matched in with the hand dyed aida that the teddies were stitched on and the more I looked at it, the more I felt that it would be perfect as a mini quilt.  The colours of the wings just pop right off the fabric and really stand out.  I kept the quilting minimal by adding a triangular frame around the aida to make it stand out, and used a striped fabric for the binding.

I am donating this finish to Blankets of Love on behalf of my dear friend Angela as well as she did contribute to this piece.

Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

14 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful xx

Mii Stitch said...

A pretty finish :)

Angela P said...

I remember this one :) Gorgeous finish for a wonderful cause!

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous. I have never heard of blankets of love. Will pop over now xxx

butterfly said...

Your blanket is beautiful , so pretty .
How lovely to give .

gracie said...

What a sweet quilt....

Andrea said...

A very pretty finish.

Anthea said...

it's a beautiful little quilt Lisa - & will be very much appreciated I'm sure x

Bev said...

what a sweet quilt love it!! xx

Annette-California said...

Very beautiful quilt!!! It will bring someone much joy. love Annette

Maggee said...

You made a sweet little quilt to donate to such a worthy cause!

Barbara said...

That's really cute Lisa....great idea.

Blessings

elliek said...

Beautiful quilt and a great cause.

Shebafudge said...

Beautiful!