Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Stocking Is Finished

Hello dear friends
I am here to show you my finished stocking.  Yes I actually managed to get it to work and finish up looking like a stocking too!! hehe

It didn't come with instructions so I really had to think through the assembling process.  I wanted it to be lined aswell so I made it extra hard on myself.  I also used some padding on the front panel to give it some body.  Now looking back that is the only thing I would change, I would now put padding on both panels because it gives substance to the top rim and helps the rim to stand up nicely instead of bowing slightly.  Live and learn as they say, I know for next time!
I also added a lace trim to the top and a ribbon for hanging, so without further ado here it is:


I'm close to finishing my Sorpresa 3 SAL, hopefully a happy dance next post.
I have also joined in this year with Chooky's Secret Santa Christmas Swap, its my first one and i'm really looking forward to it.
Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

18 comments:

diamondc said...

Oh so sweet.

Catherine

shez said...

Hi Lisa ,oh your xmas stocking is very cute,you did a wonderful job of putting it together.xx

Anthea said...

Wa-hoo Lisa! Well Done you! It looks wonderful, well done figuring it out when there were no instructions...
I'm disappointed that I missed the sign up for SSCS, maybe I should send a begging email??! Have fun sewing for that x

Outback Craftaholic said...

Well done Lisa, that looks lovely. Cheers, Tracy.

Kathy A. said...

It turned out wonderful! Im just finishing the stitching on a stocking and my challenge will be to make it into a stocking.

Silvia Saxosue said...

The stocking looks really cute and you finished it well in time for Christmas. We all know that those last months of the year fly by rather quickly and I never get as much Christmas stitching done as I would like.
Well done!

gracie said...


Well done! Looks perfect to me....

Christina said...

Your stocking looks fab Lisa - I can't believe the speed at which Christmas is hurtling towards us! :0)

Barbara said...

Lisa, that is just too cute!

cucki said...

So cute xxd

Blu said...

It looks great!

Chookyblue...... said...

welcome to the SSCS........I'm sure you will have a great time and find some new friends..........

Kaisievic said...

Great Xmas stocking, Lisa, such wonderful Christmassy colours.

Annette-California said...

Your Christmas stocking looks wonderful Lisa! I know it was a challenge. I've made two in the past and no instructions either. Great job!
love Annette

Rhona said...

It looks wonderful...well done!

Andrea said...

Your stocking looks wonderful and I'm sure will be full of goodies from Santa!

Angela P said...

The stocking looks fabulous! Love it :)

Maria said...

Beautiful!