Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

On My Cutting Table

Here's a little project I thought I would try.
I had a panel with this little teddy stocking design.  I haven't made a stocking before so I thought I would just go for it.  The panel comes with two stocking designs so if I make any boo boo's on the first, I have another one just in case. hehe


I have recently finished a small cross stitch for an exchange piece, so I can't show this until my partner receives.  I have also been stitching on my Sorpresa 3 SAL and am now up to the final part. I'm excited as I really cant wait to see the end of this one as I have been stitching away at it for over a year now.  One final large pine tree to complete and the word "Winter" and it will be over.

It's Father's Day here in Australia tomorrow so we are all prepared with gifts wrapped for my hubby and my Dad.  We usually spend the evening with my Dad and have dinner at his house and I am picking up my Grandad on the way so he can join us aswell.  My Grandad turns the big 90 this year, he is going really well with only a few small issues with his heart, he has had some stents put in, but other than that he is going strong.  

I lost my other Grandad at 78, he was also very fit for his age, but due to complications with a surgery he had and diabetes, he wasn't strong enough to pull out of it and I lost him back in 2005.  He was a beautiful man who I miss dearly.  I consider him to be my soul mate, he was meant to be my Grandad and I am the only person lucky enough to have been able to call him Grandad as I was his only Grandchild.  I truly loved him with all my heart and I know he loved me the same.  My Mum always said that he was a changed man once I came along and he doted on me right from the beginning, we had a very special connection.  Love you and miss you Grandad.

Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

12 comments:

Maria said...

I am sure your Teddy Christmas Stocking will look fabulous when you are finished Lisa.
Lovely post about your special Grandad.

diamondc said...

I lost my Grandfathers when I was very young, you are so blessed to have one around, I hope you bless him with loads of love and affection.
Happy Fathers Day to you Father and Grandfather.
Love the stocking, the color is so vibrant.

Catherine

Anthea said...

Go Lisa! I'm sure the stocking will turn out beautifully...
I hope your husband & Dad & Grandfather have a great Father's Day... ours will be quiet but enjoyable all the same...

Carol said...

That looks like a fun project, Lisa... Enjoy Father's Day with all of your men--to be 90 and in good health is so very special for your grandfather!

cucki said...

Wow it's going to be so beautiful..
Big hugs x

butterfly said...

Your stocking will be lovely.

What lovely words you wrote about your Grandfather,
brought a tear to my eyes .

Have a wonderful day.

Outback Craftaholic said...

Sorry to hear about your loss of your Grandfather Lisa. I lost my Grandfather early last year and his birthday was always very close to, and occasionally on, Fathers Day. Every now and again the loss rears its head again and blind sides me. Good luck with your stockings. Cheers, Tracy

Angela P said...

I bet the Stockings will turn out lovely, I will look forward to seeing them. Happy Dad's day to all!

Barbara said...

Good luck with the Christmas stocking...I know you'll do just fine. Also I hope you have a good time with the men in your life.

Hugs,

Silvia Saxosue said...

90 years - wow! Unfortunately my grandfather from my father's side died long before my parents met and my grandfather from my mother's side passed away only a few month after I had been born, so I do not know what it is like to have a granddad.
Your Christmas stocking will surely turn out lovely.
Hugs, Silvia

Annette-California said...

Hope you have a great Fathers day with your men. Hmm my Nannie is 101 yrs old, is your Grandfather looking for a older lady? LOL. Cheering for you & making those stockings! love Annette

Brigitte said...

This stocking will be so beautiful, enjoy the project.