Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

My Happy Dance

My SAL Sorpresa 3 is finally complete.  I put the final stitches in and I have to say that I am soo happy to have it finished.  I'm surprised nobody heard me singing and carrying on as I took it out of the q-snaps and got it ready for the photo.  This is the largest cross stitch that I have stitched so far.


Started - June 2013
Completed - September 2014

I'm going to have a break from the larger WIP's for now and concentrate on getting some smalls stitched.
I have a private exchange with my dear friend Angela, a Halloween exchange with my SCE group (this one is nearly stitched up), and then I have lots to think about for Christmas.

Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa


25 comments:

Brigitte said...

Wow, Lisa, what a finish. This is a real big project and it's looking gorgeous.

shez said...

Hi Lisa oh wow this is so amazing ,well done on such a beautiful finish Lisa,its gorgeous,i love it.xx

Julianne said...

Lisa,

Congratulations! That is a large piece and a huge accomplishment!

Jacquie Morris said...

Its beautiful and WOW! The size of it!! Congratulations on completing this wonderful design :)
Happy 'smalls' stitching :)
Smiles :)

cucki said...

Wow congratulations dear..
It's so beautiful..
Big hugs xx

Blu said...

Congrats! It looks great!

Maggee said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful, large finish! It is spectacular! I have loved seeing your progress... Hugs!

Barb said...

It's just beautiful. Well worth your effort!

Carol said...

Such a gorgeous finish, Lisa--you should be very proud :)

Annie said...

It's fantastic! Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

Mii Stitch said...

A beautiful finish Lisa, well done!!!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulations!

Silvia Saxosue said...

Your finished piece looks great, thumbs up for persevering! A true winter wonderland.

Marsha said...

It is a wonderful accomplishment. So cooool!

Anthea said...

Oooo, I wondered if that was you I could hear Lisa! Well Done my friend, what a great achievement, so pleased for you... I presume you will get it framed sometime?

butterfly said...

Congratulations it looks fab ,welldone Lisa.

Mmanka said...

Congrats Lisa! That was a great project and your finish is beautiful!

Angela P said...

It's gorgeous Lisa! Congratulations on an amazing finish :)

Andrea said...

A fantastic finish. Congratulations on a beautiful piece.

Hazel said...

Very pretty Lisa. x

Manuela said...

Congratulation.
It's a wonderful finish.
I have stitched it, too.

Greetings, Manuela

Kay said...

Congrats on your finish, it looks wonderful. I always find it a relief more than anything when I finish a larger design. x

Sally said...

Wow that is beautiful Lisa. Congratulations!

Jennifer M. said...

This is a spectacular finish! The details and colors turned out amazing. Congrats on a lovely finish!

Sharon said...

It's gorgeous Lisa! congrats on your finish!