Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Christmas In July - Gifts I Sent

I was lucky to receive Anthea as the person I had to send to for the Christmas In July exchange.
I have to admit that I was a little nervous, as I had just met Anthea at the Perth Quilt Fair and we got along so well, I knew we were set to be long term blogging buddies and get-together friends, so I wanted to make sure that everything I made for her was special and I was 100% pleased with.

There were a few trial items that didn't make the cut.  I either didn't like fabric combinations or it just looked too simple.
I was extremely happy with the final three items though and here they are in the order they were made.

First I wanted to make Anthea something that predominantly showcased a cross stitch pattern, as Anthea had just started back into cross stitching herself.


Secondly I made an appliqued gift tag and blanket stitched around the outside in a lovely hand dyed thread called "Joy Noel".


My final piece was a fabric storage bag.  I thought Anthea could use this for anything from holding the buns on the Christmas table during dinner, to holding baubles or decorative pieces.  It would be pretty multi functional.



She personally called to thank me and I have to say that I am so pleased they have a new home with such a lovely, appreciative dear friend.  Hugs to you dear Anthea, I hope you are feeling better.

Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

23 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful gifts x

shez said...

Hi Lisa wow what lovely gifts you have made for Anthea and i can see that she would be very happy with them,your cross stich is beautiful ,such a lovely pattern,this is such a lovely swap .xx

Maria said...

The gifts you made for Anthea are all lovely.

Shebafudge said...

All 3 are wonderful. Lucky Andrea!

butterfly said...

Oh LIsa love all your stitching every thing is just wonderful .

Christina said...

Just beautiful Lisa.

Barb said...

Such wonderful gifts. She is lucky to have such a partner!

stitchersanon said...

Oooh wonderful. Very cute finishes!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful combination of gifts you made for Anthea!
The fabric storage bag you made can be used for unlimited treasures!
And the pillow - All made with love by you....it shows:)
love Annette

Maggee said...

What lovely gifts for Althea! Nicely done! Hugs!

Mouse said...

lovely gifts you made .... think the basket is my favourite :) and how nice you got to meet and will continue to do so too :) love mouse xxxxx

Kate said...

Gorgeous gifts, especially like the wee basket.

Mmanka said...

The gifts for Anthea are gorgeous. The basket is my favorite, it is great!

Carol said...

What great gifts! That storage bag is really special, Lisa--well done!

Sally said...

Wow beautiful gifts you made for Andrea. Love the Christmas pillow.

Sally said...

Sorry I got Anthea's name wrong in my comment!

diamondc said...

You are a very generous Lady, what a beautiful choice to give to her, I love all three.
That pillow is adorable.

Blessings
Catherine

Barbara said...

Lisa, you made 3 great choices....beautiful work and I know she'll love them.
Hugs

Angela P said...

Everything is gorgeous Lisa! I bet she was really pleased with them :)

Penny said...

You did such a beautiful job on each of the gifts!

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic gifts Lisa :)

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts for Anthea, I'm sure she will treasure them.

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely gifts you made for a lovely lady