Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Softie Fish

I have just spent the morning and a little after lunch putting together this little softie fish to include in my Cousin's baby basket.
I found a tutorial here.
I did not use a button for the eye as it would have been a safety risk for a baby, so I found a piece of soft, velvet like fabric for some texture and used that instead.  (photo taken of fish sitting on an orange dishcloth so he would stand out on a bright surface).



I think I will buy some other bits and pieces to fill the rest of the basket up.  I sure enjoyed making these two items though, I am definately stepping out of my normal comfort zone and trying all these new sewing things.  I can spend hours looking through tutorials and seeing if they seem easy enough for me to try.  Such a rewarding experience to see these items come together.

Hope all my dear friends and followers enjoy the lovely Easter break  Stay safe and enjoy the time with your loved ones.  Happy Easter.
Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

13 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely softie , what a wonderful gift .
Happy Easter Lisa.

Jacquie Morris said...

Your softie fish is great, love the colors and its cute too.
Smiles and Easter wishes :)

carol said...

Your cousin's baby will love that bright, colorful fish, Lisa--very cute idea!

Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter :)

Angela P said...

What a cute toy you have created! Love it :)

cucki said...

so cute..
happy easter dear..
hugs x

shez said...

This is so cute Lisa and I hope you have a safe and happy Easter.xx

Mylene said...

A lovely gift!

Happy Easter too!

Bianca said...

Great finishes!

diamondc said...

I just love this fish.

Have a Blessed Easter

Catherine

Blu said...

It' so cute!

Fiona said...

lovely little fish.... you have lots of wonderful projects...
Hugz

Maggee said...

How cute! It looks so soft, and is very colorful... which babies love! Hugs!

Catherine said...

That is adorable!