Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fabric Storage Basket

Here's a sweet little gift I have made up for my Cousin's new baby using the fabric I bought not so long ago.  It was originally going to be used for a quilt, but I'm a little worried about making a cot sized quilt without a proper walking foot for my sewing machine, so I came up with some other ideas instead.
I used an online tutorial and I pretty much had it stitched up in a couple of hours.  I'm also planning on making a softie toy for a baby to go inside and then fill it with nappies, wipes and other baby things as my gift for the newborn. (the teddy is just a photo prop, he belongs to my son, and this is a gift that was given to him when he was born as a special keepsake from his Dad).


On the stitching front I unfortunately have no news, I have seriously lost all interest in stitching at the moment, I don't seem to have the mojo to pick up a piece and start working on it.  I did manage to do a border for my "A" block of the CHS Alphablocks but that was as far as it got.
I have noticed a few stitcher's that are in the same predicament, even one who has decided to sell her whole cross stitch collection as she just cant get back into the groove.  
Quilting is a very addictive craft but also an expensive one and until I build up my fabric collection I wont be producing pieces every week.  I don't think I would ever give up on cross stitch as there are still many lovely designs I would love to stitch and finish, but sometimes I just think one needs a break and time spent enjoying something new.  I do have an exchange piece that I will be able to show shortly though, it was cross stitched and then made into a quilted wallhanging, so I managed to get both crafts into that piece.

Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

16 comments:

cucki said...

Aww I love your basket..it's so sweet xx

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I've seen tutorials on those baskets and have thought about trying one out :) You did a fabulous job!

Carol said...

The basket is darling, Lisa! I do hope your desire to stitch comes back--maybe try a tiny project and see if that doesn't inspire you to keep going?

Mii Stitch said...

What a cute finished basket! Love your choice of fabric too :)

Rhona said...

What a fantastic little basket!
I'm sure your stitching mojo will return soon...it usually does! :)

Angela P said...

I love the basket Lisa! You did an amazing job on it and I am sure it will be a much appreciated gift.

I hear you about stitching, we are in the same predicament there!

butterfly said...

Beautiful Lisa you did a great job .
I love the basket what a lovely gift.

Teresa S. said...

The basket is adorable and it is a wonderful baby gift!

Ellen said...

You did a wonderful job, just love the basket!

Hope you stitching mojo returns soon!

Hugs,

diamondc said...

Such a sweet fabric basket, thank-you for sharing.

Catherine

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful basket - great work :-)

Mylene said...

It is beautiful, well done.
Me too, can't seem to maintain my stitching like before...but surely will not give up entirely.

Andrea said...

A beautiful basket for a gift.

DJ said...

What a lovely basket and creative gift for your friend! I love the fabric!! I hope you find your stitching mojo again...it's out there somewhere! Thanks for visiting my blog! *Hugs*

Bev said...

Hi Lisa love your basket I have that tutorial pinned to my board on Pinterest hope you get in the mood for stitching again soon I join the exchanges on x stitch friendly which they do over a two month period so it gives me more time xx

Brigitte said...

Oh, what a lovely basket you made with this great fabric. Is this s a free tutorial?