Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

SAL Part 6 Finished!

If you are a regular reader of my blog you would be aware that I am participating in my first SAL.  It is the SAL Sorpresa 3 by Sara Guermani and I just completed part 6.  Part 11 has been released this month so I am behind, but I am taking it at a leisurely pace.

Before

After


It's a great design, I really love it.
I have also checked out Sara's previous SAL's and they were Autumn and Summer which are also lovely, but Winter has always been my favourite season, so I'm soo glad that I found this one.

In my previous posts I was telling you about a parcel I was waiting on from Canada.  Well the good news is that it finally arrived yesterday, posted November 30, arrived February 15.  I'm happy to report that it all arrived in one piece.  Here is what Melissa F sent me for the "Christmas Joy" exchange.


I shall look forward to using all those goodies for this coming Christmas.

Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa

16 comments:

Shebafudge said...

I love Sorpresa 3. Would you have the link to where you got it please? I am finding it hard to find!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely work on your SAL - I think Postie was extending Christmas for you, great gifts.

Mii Stitch said...

Love the goodies you've received from Canada!!! :)

butterfly said...

Lovely SAL, you are doing well mine is back up stairs
one day I must get started again.
Wow that took some time for the exchange to arrive but looks great, hugs.

Mylene said...

A lovely design you're working on.
WOW! That sure took a very long time to get to you...where did it stayed? A great gifts though, enjoy!

Bev said...

Your stitching looks lovely, I've never heard of that designer there's a lot of parts to it x

Kate said...

Your SAL piece is gorgeous. What a shame your parcel took so long to arrive, but at least it was intact.

Ellen said...

Your SAL is progressing beautifully! I love Sara's designs too and will continue with Summer after this SAL.

Lovely exchange, worth the long wait ha ha!

Hugs,

Brigitte said...

You and Melissa must have been very happy that the package has finally arrived after ten weeks. Lucky you. And there's nothing to say against a nice Christmas surprise in February, lol.
Great progress on the Winter SAL.

shez said...

wow such beautiful stitching and boy that parcel sure did take its time getting to you,lol.xx

Éva said...

Beautiful SAL!

Maggee said...

The SAL is looking great--I look forward to seeing progress whenever you post. I don't believe I have seen any other of 'my' blogs that I follow posting about it... Your belated Christmas package is still very relevant with a snowmen and wintery theme! Glad it finally arrived! via the Polar Express I guess!

Andrea said...

Your SAL is looking beautiful. Good to hear the parcel arrived, you wouldn't want to miss out on all those lovely goodies.

Carol said...

Your SAL just keeps looking prettier and prettier, Lisa--I really do love this design! So glad the package finally made it--they may be a new record for slow delivery :)

Melissa Field said...

Hi Lisa! Love the SAL you are doing. I've never been much good with SALs - too many distractions (aka: other charts that I just can't wait to start).

I am so happy you finally got the package. Brutal shipping... honestly. Will know better for the next time that is for certain.

Suzanne said...

That's a really pretty SAL you are working on.

Wow, that's a long time to receive your parcel, especially when postage is so expensive these days.