Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Initial Heart Swap

I participated in the Initial Heart Swap this year, run by Swap Mama Cheryll.
I was to send to Pam and I also received from Pam.
Here is what I sent to Pam.  


This was my first ever heart finish and also the first thing I made up on my new sewing machine this year.  I found a pattern for a heart shaped oven mitt and followed the instructions but instead of using batting and making it flat, I filled it and made it into a stuffed pillow instead.  I cross stitched the "P" on some white linen and used some fabric roses as embellishments.
I also sent along a box of fruit shaped jellies, some hand dyed thread and a roll of ribbon.

Here is what I received from Pam.


A gorgeous Michelle Ridgeway stitchery design made into a mini wallhanging.  As you can see from the photo, I found a hanger for it straight away and its already displayed on the wall.  Pam also included a large bag of jelly jube lollies which are my favourites.

Thank you Pam for a great exchange, I really enjoyed it, and thanks to Cheryll for organising.
Until next time, happy stitching/quilting
Lisa


16 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely swap!! I love your little heart ornament, the colours are really pretty ;)

Kate said...

Gorgeous exchange pieces.

shez said...

what lovely gifts sent and received Lisa.xx

Rhona said...

What beautiful gifts...love them both!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful gifts - Happy Valentine's Day

butterfly said...

Love your heart Lisa , looks great also love the one from Pam hugs.

Sharon said...

Pretty exchange!

Angela P said...

Both are lovely exchanges :)

Carol said...

Such nice exchange pieces, Lisa! I'm scared to try a heart finish--do you think your new sewing machine helped make it easier? I have an ancient machine and am seriously considering investing in a new one...

Jeanne said...

What a nice exchange for both of you! You have been busy with several lovely finishes. Congratulations!

Maggee said...

Cute idea! Nice swap you participated in... Hugs!

Noela said...

Lovely gifts sent and received Lisa. It's a great swap. Hugs......

Ele said...

What a lovely exchange!

Andrea said...

A lovely swap, both exchanges are beautiful.

Brigitte said...

Both exchange pieces are really great. Your stuffed heart looks gorgeous, such a great gift idea.

Suzanne said...

A pretty exchange!