Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Starting Out Fresh

Hi dear friends, I hope you all had a lovely start to the New Year.
I decided not to make any plans in regards to my stitching for 2014.  I looked back at my plans for 2013 (there were 3 designs I wanted to stitch) and didn't end up stitching any of them.  So I figure that I might as well not try to pin something down and just go with the flow.
One thing I am definately going to do this year though is learn more quilting and applique.  I picked up a bag load of Christmas applique pieces and I'm going to experiment with them over time and dabble more into quilting again.  I say again as I did use to quilt about 15 years ago, my husbands grandmother taught me some basic blocks, but when she passed away my enthusiasm for it just wasn't the same.  Having joined some wonderful Aussie groups lately and seeing some beautiful finishes I am inspired to get back into the swing of it and give it another go.  In fact, I finished up a piece over the weekend, a little mug rug which is half cross stitch and half quilted, but I am saving it for an exchange piece, so will have to show you later. Sorry!

I do have an exchange to show you though.  This is for the Christmas Joy exchange at Stitch, Create, Exchange and here is what I sent to my partner Kim.


This is what I received from my partner Melanie.  I have kept the snowman pillow out as I'm going to have it on display all the time.  Its just too cute to put away.


I have also taken the 2014 Swap Pledge of Integrity.


I Lisa, will try my utmost...
   To always swap on time.
    To always email a THANK YOU to my partner.
    To be considerate and thoughtful when choosing a gift.
    To give my partner the quality of gift that I would like to receive.
    To communicate when it's required.
    To NEVER over commit and let a partner down.
    To advise the swap mama when I receive my gift.

This I sewomly pledge.... 

Until next time,  happy stitching
Lisa


13 comments:

Angela P said...

Lovely exchanges :) I'll email you shortly.....I'm so behind :)

Mii Stitch said...

Great exchange and I love the pledge wording!

Penny said...

Cute exchanges! Love snowmen. :)

Brigitte said...

Oh so lovely these exchnage gifts.
I also want to dive into quilting a bit more this year and make my first big quilt.

Carol said...

I don't make stitching plans either, Lisa other than my ornament a month on-going thing :) It is just too hard to carry through and I tend to stitch whatever is "calling my name" at the moment...

Looks like a great exchange and I hope all the stitchers involved in your exchanges follow through as nicely as you always do!

Julianne said...

Happy New Year! Great exchanges! I can see why you don't want to put the snowmen pillow away. It is so cute! Is there any way you can find out more about the pattern? I would live to stitch it for my friend who loves snowmen. Thanks!

Kay said...

Lovely exchanges, and the snowman is too cute to put away. I have a large cross stitched Christmas sampler that I keep on my wall all year long as I love it so much.

Kate said...

Gorgeous exchanges - I wouldn't put the snowman away either.
Enjoy re-acquainting yourself with quilting, I'm a novice but so enjoy the process.

Andrea said...

Beautiful exchanges both sent and received.

Anthea said...

Happy New Year Lisa:)
What a good idea with your stitching, to just work on what takes your interest, enjoy doing it and not make grand sweeping plans or declarations.... I'm hearing you on that one!
Have a Happy Stitchy 2014...

I am looking at arranging a bloggers meet up during the year, it would be great to meet you

Maggee said...

The last day my family was here visiting (the 6th) we took down Christmas. After they were on their way home that afternoon, out came my 'winter' stuff--all my snowmen and snowbabies! They stay up till end of February at least! Then I am antsy for spring... Nice exchanges, both! I have been working on another WIP, and then I will allow myself to start one or two new pieces. That's about all I have planned for this year. Still have to tally 2013 and of course, blog!! Hugs!

Suzanne said...

Great exchanges! I gave up on making new year plans because I found I started, let alone finished very few of them.

Catherine said...

Lovely exchange goodies!! Love the pledge!