Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Soft & Sweet

I finished up a private exchange piece as one of my first finishes of the year.  I was asked to do a private swap piece with a lady called Marion who lives in Germany.  As our seasons are opposite we decided that I would stitch her a Spring themed piece and she would stitch me an Autumn themed piece.  I posted out to her last week and received an email that she has already received.  WOW, that was quick for a nice change!!

Here is the piece that I stitched for Marion.


LHN - Soft & Sweet
Stitched on a piece of hand dyed linen using silks provided in the kit
Finished as a mug rug

As you can see I didn't stitch the whole design, just the middle portion and then I graphed the word "Spring" to fit inside the banner.  Another cross stitched and quilted finish that I just loved putting together.
Marion posted out to me the other day so I'm hoping it will be a quick delivery too.

I have also finished and packaged up my piece and extras for the Initial Heart Swap being run by Cheryll at Gone Stitchin.  

I have managed to get a little stitching done, I am back on my SAL Sorpresa 3.  I really want to catch up as I love this design and the way it is coming together.  I just find stitching the many trees and snowflakes are what puts me off.  After this one is done I think I will concentrate on getting my CHS Alphablocks finished and Sarah Spurr and then my big WIPS will all be done.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

20 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lisa your gift to Marion is so sweet!! What a beautiful finish & lovely colours :)

Maggee said...

Great swap piece! Love how you combined stitching and quilting in one! Congrats on almost finishing all your big WIPs. I am not there yet... Hugs!

creations.1 said...

A beautiful Mug Rug Lisa - almost too good to use!!

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely stitching :)

Carol said...

That is so pretty, Lisa! I think I need to stitch something spring-like to give me a boost during this long, cold winter we're having :)

Rowyn said...

Gorgeous mug rug!

diamondc said...

Beautiful love the finish the tea cup is lovely.

Catherine

Angela P said...

Lovely finish Lisa :)

Lesleyanne said...

A beautiful finish.

Kate said...

Such a beautiful gift

Annette-California said...

Very beautiful gift you made. I want to try making a mug rug. I've not made one before but love the look and how useful too! love Annette

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

A beautiful, gorgeous piece for your exchange! Perfectly done!

Anthea said...

It's just gorgeous Lisa, well done, and I hope your parcel arrives soon, the quick post was indeed a stroke of good luck! x

Andrea said...

A beautiful gift. Love the colours.

Catherine said...

Reading your last few posts ~ well done on your quilting and sweet piece for your exchange!

shez said...

this is lovely lisa and Chez's initial heart swap is always fun,cant wait to see what you have made,xx

Ellen said...

Wow, beautiful mug rug! Love your choice of fabrics for the patchwork!

Hugs,

Brigitte said...

Such a beautiful gift, Lisa. I love the finishing very much, so creative. A wonderful exchnage piece and I'm sure your exchnage partner was thrilled.

pamkennison said...

Hello Lisa, thank you for my initial heart swap, your first attempt on your new sewing machine is wonderful. My parcel arrived on Friday in the midst of preparations for my sons wedding on Saturday, apologies for not letting you know sooner :-) Thanks once again Pam

Suzanne said...

A lovely finish and a very nice choice to make it into a mug rug.