Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Harvest Finish & Progress Pic

Sorry it has been a while in between posts.  I was waiting on an exchange piece to arrive so I could share it with you and I was also working away on my WIP.

Firstly I would like to show you what I stitched for Sarah W in the Blackbird Designs Round 13 exchange.  I took part of the "Waiting For The Harvest" design and added Sarah's initial.  Its finished as a no-sew cube. The fabric I used was a piece of Stitches & Spice Belfast linen called "Terrafirma" in 32ct, it was so lovely to work on.

I have made some more progress on my WIP, Carriage House Samplings "Sarah Spurr".  It really is a joy to stitch this one, but it does have a lot of filling in solid blocks of colour and it feels like its taking me ages to get this bottom part finished.  Sorry for the wonky looking picture, it was still in the q-snap.  Here are before and current shots.

Before
After

Before I go, I wanted to express my sadness on hearing the news of Cathey's passing.  I am so happy she was able to see our outpouring of love to her on "Pumpkins For Cathey" day and know how much we were thinking of her.  My condolences to her family and friends.

Sadly missed along life's way,
quietly remembered every day...
No longer in our life to share,
but in our hearts, you're always there


Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

24 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely exchange love the colour.
Your WIP is so lovely love it.
Yes it was such sad news. hugs.

cucki said...

Such beautiful stitching.
..I love your ornament so much too..
Big hugs x

Kay said...

I love what you did with the Blackbirds Designs piece, I have that pattern and hadn't thought of doing something different with it. Thanks for sharing.

diamondc said...

Positively beautiful finish love the ribbon, uour stitching is coming along very well love the colors.
Thank-you for sharing.
Catherine

Mii Stitch said...

Great finish!

Vickie said...

Beautiful projects! I agree totally with you on Cathey.♥

Silvia Saxosue said...

Your WIP is lovely and the "Waiting for harvest" cube would look great in my home too, especially with the initial "S" ;-) Love the fabric you used!
Silvia

Maggee said...

What a lovely adaptation piece you did for the exchange... And your WIP is so pretty! I look forward to seeing more of it! Cathey will surely be missed but it is comforting to know she is no longer in pain. Hugs!

Carol said...

Really pretty finish for Sarah, Lisa--the fabric really is lovely for an autumn design. And you're making wonderful progress on your CHS piece--lovely colors in that one and I love the checkerboard floor.

We will never forget our Cathey...

gracie said...

Marvelous stitching!

Ele said...

lovely stitching
and beautiful words

Barb said...

I love the change you made in the exchange piece!

linda said...

Just found your blog from Teresa's heartfelt stitches. Wanted to let you know I also am stitching Sarah Spurr. I started at the top right and worked across with the alphabet and then completed the tree. Now am working on Sarah's skirt. I am enjoying this one too.

Michelle said...

Lovely exchange - yes very sad news x

Rowyn said...

Love the cube finish, and Sarah Spurr is looking beautiful (CHS designs are some of my most favourite).

It was very sad news about Cathey. I hope all the Pumpkins for Cathey posts made her smile and know how loved she was all around the world.

Mmanka said...

I like the way you adapted this BBD design.

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely exchange. Great progress on your wip. Cathey will be greatly missed.

Andrea said...

A beautiful exchange gift. Lovely progress on your WIP.

Mylene said...

Cube finish looks great and WIP's is coming along beautifully!

Melissa said...

Beautiful finish and lovely WIP! I wish I could do a box finish like that :)

The news of Cathey was hard to hear for certain! :(

Melissa

shez said...

such lovely work Lisa.xx

Sharon said...

Lisa, your exchange piece is beautiful and you have made lovely progress on Sarah! I think we will all miss Cathey's presence, she really touched all of us with her very brave fight.

Carolyn said...

Lisa,
Your finish is beautiful!

Your WIP is cute and I can't wait to see it finished.

Your words for Cathey are awesome. She will be missed.

You won the magazine on the Random Acts of Kindness blog. I mailed it out today. Please let me know when it arrives. Congratulations and Enjoy!

Catherine said...

Love your projects!!