Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Three B's

Birds, Bees and Butterflies that is!!

My recent exchange over at Stitched With Love Exchanges had the above theme and here is what I stitched for my partner Dawn.


The bird design is a freebie pattern created by Luli and its soo simple and pretty.  Dawn had blue down as her favourite colour so I used a very pale blue thread colour on navy linen.  I created a little wall hanging finish. The extras were fun to find and put together, cant believe I found the butterfly shaped cookie cutter.

My parcel arrived from Edit and I just adore this wallhanging that she made for me. 


This is one bird design I have been fond of for a while but never actually got around to stitch.  I'm soo pleased she chose this design for me.  The little novelty people are actually wooden salt and pepper shakers and they are soo sweet.  Thank you Edit for such a lovely exchange.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

22 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely exchange, plenty of great pieces ;)

meggie said...

Lovely exchanges!

butterfly said...

Lovely exchange 's so much fun hugs.
Love all the birds.

Mmanka said...

Great work! Luli's bird is so cute on the navy linen. Your partner must love it. And you recived a lovely parcel,too.

gracie said...

very nice exchange stitching....

Angela P said...

Both exchanges sent and rec'd are lovely :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a fun exchange! Great goodies both sent and received! Hope you're feeling better, by now.

cucki said...

Super sweet gifts.
Hugs x

Lainey said...

Two gorgeous stitched bird pieces sent and received!
Need to go check out the chart, thanks Lisa, hugs.

stitcheranon said...

A swallow! I love swallows! Is the pattern available? I tried to think up three b's as I looked at the title before I clicked on it. I got bed, bonk and book. Shows where my mind is; bed and book anyway rofl! I love seeing what you guys have come up with for this exchange...it is a really wonderful one and there isnt one I havent been impressed with.

Barb said...

What a wonderful exchange!

Mylene said...

Beautiful exchanges!!

Ellen said...

Beautiful exchanges! Thank you for organising this Exchange!

Hugs,

Anthea said...

Hi Lisa, wow these are gorgeous exchange gifts... I love the bird design you received, all stitched & made up to such a high quality of work... enjoy!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely exchanges both sent and received.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful exchanges and I love the finishes of the stitched pieces. Love the zipper pouch with the strawberry - too sweet:)
love Annette

Michelle said...

Stunning exchanges Lisa x

Penny said...

What lovely exchanges! Cute owl fabric. :)

Blu said...

What gorgeous exchanges!

Andrea said...

Beautiful exchanges.

Catherine said...

Great goodies!

Brigitte said...

Oh Lisa, this was a reat exchange, wasn't it. I'm completely fond of birds and love both exchange gifts. They are so beautifully stitched and finished.