Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas In July

Such an exciting day today, we got to open our Christmas In July parcels. YIPPEE!!!!
This was the first time I had participated in this exchange and what a treat it was.  I received from Kerrie.  Look at these lovelies that she made for me.


1.  A Rug for my "Xmas Mug of Cheer" hehe
2. Chenille Tree Hanger
3. Santa Hanger

Arent they delightful!  I am soo amazed by some of the lovely gifts that some people made for their partners.  We had to send 3 handmade items.  There is such talent out there!
Thank you Kerrie for such lovely gifts you sent, I shall treasure them and look forward to showing them off this Christmas.

For my partner Deb, I made the following:


Homespun Elegance - Holiday Samplings I - made into a cube finish


Santa motif design - made into a hanging ornie


My first attempt at felt work - Kissing Mistletoe

I am happy that Deb appreciated my cross stitch gifts, I was a little worried as most of the ladies are quilters and/or sewers.  Such a lovely group of friendly and happy exchangers.  Thank you to Cheryll for organising such a fun exchange, I will definately get involved next year.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

19 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

LIsa, I love the little goodies you've made! So pretty! The ones you've received are lovely too, of course :)

creations.1 said...

Hi Lisa - it is Kerrie here and I am so pleased you liked my gifts. It is such a treat seeing all the participants creations! your cross stitch is just beautiful!

cucki said...

Sweet goodies :)
Exchanges are always so much fun.
Big hugs x

butterfly said...

Lisa such wonderful christmas goodies you made and received hugs.

Catherine said...

Wonderful goodies!!

Angela P said...

Both are wonderful Christmas in July exchanges :)

Michelle said...

Wonderful - I adore the Homespun Elegance one x

Carol said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas exchange on both sides, Lisa! Your felt mistletoe is such a cute idea :)

Noela said...

Lovely gifts received and sent. Hugs.....

Anthea said...

Hi Lisa - I have arrived at your blog from Deb's...
you did make her some wonderful gifts, beautifully stitched!
And isn't that the beauty of swaps - all sorts of crafts & items being made...

I am a lover of cross stitch too, and only recently started doing some again... I'm a Perth-ish person too... I'm going to have a good look around your blog Lisa, what a pretty blog it is!!
Anthea

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely gifts both sent and received.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful festive goodies! Now I want to try and make a mug rug:)What a great idea. Your gifts you made are darling too, I'm sure Deb will love them. love Annette

Jeanette said...

Beautiful gifts received & sent. Hugs,xx

Cheryll said...

OMG such gorgeousness in that lot of gifts (coming and going). And we get to enjoy them again in December. Happy Christmas in July! :)

Maria said...

Lovely gifts sent and received. Yes I agree that there are sew many different gorgeous gifts made for this swap.

Deb R said...

I loved my gifts Lisa!!! Its always nice to meet new bloggers too! A great swap all round!

Sharon said...

Beautiful finishing Lisa, I love your cube finish!

O'faigh said...

Lovely gifts given and received, I enjoyed the swap..Regards, O'faigh

Sally said...

What a wonderful exchange!