Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pumpkin Blossoms

This gorgeous small design is what I decided to stitch for Catherine in the Blackbird Designs exchange.
I love the subtle colours in this one and I had the perfect fabric to match in with it for a pillow finish.  I ran a simple piece of lace trim across the front.  I didn't want to embellish it too much and take away from the lovely design itself.
I was really pleased with the end result and I'm pleased to say that Catherine loved it.  I had to finish it all by hand as my sewing machine is still broken.


The next round over at the Blackbird Designs Exchange Group is due to open any day soon, so hop on over and visit with us, we are open to new members.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

19 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Very pretty, Lisa'.

Catherine said...

Very pretty finish!

Deborah said...

Very nice finish!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish Lisa. The fabric is perfect for the design.

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, this is a wonderful exchnage piece. Ane very beautifully stitched and finished. That ├╝iece of lace is the perfect addition to underline the delicate pattern.

busyhands said...

It's really lovely! Beautiful finishing, I love Blackbird designs

cucki said...

Sweet finish x

diamondc said...

Lisa: I love this pillow, the picture does not do it justice it is so much prettier in person.
Thank-you so much.
I hope your exchange has arrived, or will soon.
Catherine

Michelle said...

Oh its beautiful x

Ellen said...

Beautiful, love it!

Hugs,

butterfly said...

So pretty Lisa, love your finish and the colours, hugs.

Carol said...

Really lovely finish, Lisa! I can't imagine stitching that entire pillow by hand--I hope your sewing machine gets repaired very soon :)

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

Well, that is so special, making it all by hand. Hope you get your machine fixed soon.

Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

Mylene said...

A lovely design and beautifully finished!!

Sally said...

Beautiful finish Lisa.

Carolyn NC said...

Beautiful finish!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Oh c'est adorable !
bisous bisous

Annette-California said...

Beautiful! I love BBD & I like pumpkin blossoms but I've not seen this design before. Love the lace you used on your finish. It sure makes a gorgeous gift.
love Annette

Claire said...

Very pretty finish.x