Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Prairie Schooler Winter

Having recently taken part in the SWL Cosy Winter Stitches exchange, I can now share with you all what I made for my partner Nataly.

As most of you would know I live in Australia and our seasons are the opposite of the US and UK, so when I joined this exchange we were in the height of Summer.  So to find some Winter themed extras I had to do some online ordering.  I found a lovely fleecy scarf and some ribbon and brads with winter mittens on them, I also included some Cappuccino sachets and stencils (no hot chocolate this time of year) and a hanging candle tutorial.  My stitched piece is from the booklet "Winter Wind" and I took the top portion of the larger design.  I was lucky to have some matching polka dot fabric and a piece of green dyed chenille for the hanger, and I used two shell flower buttons and a bow with beaded pin as a feature for the top. 



I really loved putting this exchange together for Nataly, but making the pillow was my favourite, again I had to sew it by hand, but I was just soo delighted that the colours and embellishments came together soo beautifully, that it has to be my favourite finish of the year soo far.

I am currently helping Lainey out with the Spring exchange and really enjoying myself.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

24 comments:

Patty C. said...

Lovely exchange

CJ in OK ;-) said...

This PS design came out great. I love your finish too. I am sure Nataly was thrilled to receive it. CJ in OK

Kaisievic said...

Hi Lisa, lovely gifts that you made for the exchange. Really gorgeous. Funny thing, I just ordered PS North Wind online just two minutes ago!

butterfly said...

Lisa your ornament is so beautiful and your finish is lovely, Love the colours , hugs.

N. Adri said...

Nice gifts and I like your pillow finishing. :-)

Adri.

Sally said...

A gorgeous exchange package. Love how you've finished the pillow.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish for the exchange.

Vickie said...

So thoughtful and very nice. What a lovely finish, and all by hand!!

Mouse said...

ohhh that's cute too :)
think we need to get stuff in as we see it for the exchanges no matter what season we are in ..lol
its still brrrr here and its supposed to be spring !!!! love mouse xxxxx

Angela P said...

You put together a lovely Winter exchange in the middle of Summer :) I love the look of that chenille trim!

Deb said...

I know that Nataly was so happy to receiving your ornament and the package!! I love how you finished it off.

Michelle said...

Its beautiful Lisa x

cucki said...

Lovely exchange xxx

Christina said...

A fab exchange Lisa - the polka dot fabric is perfect for that finish!

Mylene said...

Lovely design and beautifully finished.

Myra said...

I am sure Nataly is thrilled. That finish is fabulous!

Claire said...

Great exchange.x

Bine said...

Very nice gifts for the exchange....but my favourite, of course is the pillow. So cute!

diamondc said...

Lisa Nice finish, I love Prairie Schooler. And look at all the goodies.
Catherine

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely exchange and I love the pillow!

Carol said...

Oh, Lisa--that PS pillow finish is adorable! I can't believe you had the patience to finish it all by hand--and so beautifully, too!! I'm sure Nataly was thrilled :)

Andrea said...

Love the PS design and so beautifully finished.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love the PS design you chose, Lisa! It turned out great. Nice exchange.

Chris said...

That pillow is lovely I loved the choice of colours for the binding..
Great exchange
Chris