Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Our Yearly Ritual

One more sleep until Santa arrives!!!  Hope he doesn't find flying over Australia too hot for him in that heavy suit, we are expecting a sweltering 39 degrees for the big day.

My dear friend Angela and I have again exchanged gifts for the Christmas season and below is what we made for each other.



I gave Angela the Homespun Elegance ornie that I showed in a previous post, as she is a snowman lover I thought this one would be most suited.  I also made her a small pillow with the Primitive Hare's "Sister Stitcher" design.  The large Santa item is actually a wine bottle cover and I also included some other Christmas essentials like stickers, a snowman charm, felt ornies and a hanging silver ornie.

Angela sent me a lovely pinkeep finish, Prairie Schoolers "Songs of the Season" and my ornie this year is a Homespun Elegance design "Festive Redbird".  She also included some fabric, scissors, a PS chart and a little tape measure.  Funny how we both went for a Homespun Elegance design for the ornie!!


Thank you Angela for another great year of friendship.

Merry Christmas to all my dear friends and followers, thank you for visiting with me throughout the year and I look forward to another wonderful year of stitching with you all.
I will leave you with a picture of my tree this year.


Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

16 comments:

Cath said...

Merry Christmas Lisa , have a great time .X

Catherine said...

What sweet exchanges and your tree looks lovely!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

gracie said...

Wonderful exchanges...Merry Christmas to you!

Isobel -Argante- said...

Thanks so much for stitching my design :)))
I wish you a very Merry peaceful Christmas :)

Isobel
The Primitive Hare

Vickie said...

Lovely! A Blessed, Merry Christmas!

Chris said...

Merry Christmas Lisa!
What a beautiful ornament exhcange and your tree is fabulous!!

Lesleyanne said...

Both presents sent and received are gorgeous. Merry Christmas.

Andrea said...

Your tree looks great.

A very Merry Christmas!

Mouse said...

lovely exchange pieces there :)and love your decorated tree .... hope you have a wonderful christmas and a very merry stitchy new year too :) love mouse xxxxx

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas my friend xx

Angela said...

I love our yearly ritual :) Merry Christmas dear friend! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Day!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I hope your Christmas was lovely, my friend. Hugs, Lisa.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely tradition you and Angela have. Lovely exchange packages!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year!

Brigitte said...

That's a nice tradition between you and Angela. Enjoy your exchnage gift.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday.

Carol said...

Such beautiful gifts between you and Angela, Lisa and your tree filled with all those stitched ornaments is wonderful! I'll bet you almost hate to take it down after the holidays :)

Wishing you and your family a joyous New Year!

Suzanne said...

What great exchanges you and Angela put together. I love the big santa you sent her, he's quite cute.