Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Final Finish & Year Tally

I hope all my wonderful stitching friends and followers had a great Christmas.  Mine was lovely.  We had a quiet get together with my parents and they bought me a bottle of my favourite perfume "Angel" and from my husband and son I received some CD's this year, my favourite being Ed Sheeran. 

The weather has been sweltering hot here with temperatures reaching 40 degrees and it will be like this for another couple of days yet.  (In Australia we measure our temperatures a bit different to other areas of the world, so 40 degrees is extreme heat to us, anything under 10 degrees is very cold, we dont get snow here in Western Australia and very rarely if ever temperatures would reach under 2 degrees).  That being said I have put away my big stitching projects "Sarah Spurr" and the CHS Alphabet as it is just too uncomfortable to be sat in my chair moving around all that fabric on these hot days.  Even though I have air conditioning it still gets sticky when you are sat in a confined chair with fabric all over your lap.  I will work instead on some smaller stitching pieces for upcoming exchanges or ornie finishes.

Here is a picture of my last ornie finish for the year.  I stitched this for a dear friend of mine as a thank you gift.  I only met her a few months ago but its like we have known each other for ages, she was also wonderful enough to get me a job where she is currently temping (I am also a temp worker and had been out of work for going on 5 weeks), so she helped me out big time just before Christmas.


Lizzie Kate's "Friends"

Here is a picture of the gift I sent to my good friend Lisa S for Christmas.  Its similar to what I sent to Angela in that I included the Santa wine bottle cover, felt ornies, stickers and labels and I gave Lisa the Glory Bee ornie I finished off in a previous post.


Well now for my 2012 tally!!

39 finishes this year.

11 - Exchanges
8 - Gifts
15 - ME finishes
5 - Work on Round Robin pieces

I'm soo pleased with the ME stitches this year, I really wanted to make more things for myself and I definately achieved that. 

Next year I am still planning on getting stuck into some more ME stitching with some larger projects I have been thinking about.  I will definately be carrying on with exchanges as I do thoroughly enjoy them.
I also have a SAL piece that Angela and I have decided to work on starting late January aswell.  I will also send out some RAK's during the year which could be a mixture of stitched items, charts or other stitchy goodies.
And last but not least, I plan on doing a giveaway in the New Year for my followers.  I have reached over the 200 mark and as a huge thank you for your friendship and following I would like to put something together.  It will be a mix of stitching necessities and something stitched and finished by me so please make sure you come back and sign up when I have got everything together.

Thank you all for your visits and comments and I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year!!
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

19 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Impressive list of finishes! You go girl!
Lovely exchange. That wine bottle cover is just too cute.

Peggy Lee said...

Hi Lisa...I had to read the beginning of this post over and over again before I realized where you live. 40 degrees here is NOT hot by a long stretch! :o)
You have accomplished much this past year. I wish you lots of stitchy creativity in the coming year.
~hugs

Karen said...

Kudos on so many finishes! I just love that Santa bottle cover... that is just too cute!

happy stitching and Happy New Year...

diamondc said...

My goodness I do wish I had done as much stitching as you, you are very lucky.
Happy Newyear
Catherine

Maggee said...

Hello! I have seen your exchanges on the recipients' blogs too, and you do fine, fun pieces! Yours is about the third blog to make a tally... Guess I will do mine soon too! Happy New Year! Hugs!

Lois said...

What a great tally for 2012 Lisa! I love the ornaments both sent and received.

Lisa said...

WOW, 39 finishes, that's a brilliant tally. Well done.

Carol said...

What a wonderful stitching year, Lisa! I'm so glad you got to keep at least some of your stitching for yourself :)

Your final ornament is very cute and I'm sure your friend is thrilled not only with it, but also to have you working with her...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Ellen said...

Beautiful ornament! What a great tally for 2012, looking forward to seeing what you will stitch for 2013!

Happy Stitching and Happy New Year!

Mouse said...

ohhh well done with the finishes especially the ME ones :) wishing you a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxx

gracie said...

You have been very busy!
Happy New Year....

Catherine said...

Wish I could send you some cold in exchange for a little heat! Then we could both be comfortably warm!! Great job on all of your finishes!! And your ornaments are sweet!

Margaret said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You've accomplished a lot this year! Wow! Love seeing the exchanges and gifts (been looking at your other posts too)! You have some wonderful WIPs going as well. I love CHS designs! Happy New Year!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Happy New Year my friend! Way to go on all the finishes! I hope the new year brings you even more. Hugs!

Mylene said...

You sure been busy!

Happy New Year & best wishes for 2013!

Angela said...

Happy New Year! Great tally, you have had a busy year :) I'm still trying to decide on fabric for our SAL. I'm looking forward to it :)

Anna-Viola said...

Веселого нового года! Веселых праздников! Много приятных подарков и много радости и счастья!

Brigitte said...

Wow, 39 finished items, that's a big number. You must have had a smoking needle, lol.
Wishing you a happy and healthy new stitching year full of exchnages and ME-stitching.

Suzanne said...

What an impressive list of finishes!

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year!