Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blackbird Exchange Round 10

My first round as moderator of the Blackbird Designs exchange group has turned out fantastic with a hassle free exchange.  All members that took part made such beautiful items for their partners and I would like to thank them all for making my first round as the new moderator an enjoyable one.

My partner to send to in this round was Lisa P and I stitched her "Love Letters" from the Joyeaux Noel booklet.  I have always liked this design and was soo happy to get to stitch it for Lisa.


Finished as a round coaster style pinkeep I added some bling with two shiny flowers on the bottom.

I received from Mayte and here is what she stitched for me.


Its "Our Home Sewing Box" from the "For My Friend" booklet, she used 32ct Belfast linen "Rock Quarry" and the suggested threads.  Its a lovely box topper and I was soo super pleased to receive it.  Thank you dear Mayte for this wonderful treasure.

I stash dived after my last post and came out with Carriage House Samplings "Sarah Spurr".  I'm using 40ct for the first time ever and actually quite enjoying it.  I will post a progress picture on my next post.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

18 comments:

April said...

These are both great stitching!! Glad you have a great group of Stitchers.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

such beautiful pieces, Lisa. I'm such a fan of Barb and Alma.I'm starting "Sarah" as soon as my fabric arrives!!!
Linda

Deborah said...

Beautiful exchange pieces!

gracie said...

Thank you for organizing a good exchange..... next?

gracie said...

Just sent my info...looking forward to the next exchange.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

lovely exchanges - i love Sarah Spurr, i have not yet seen anyone stitch her so look forward to watching her come alive.

butterfly said...

Both Lovely , great exchanges.
I loved 40 ct lovely for a change. hugs.

Lesleyanne said...

Both exchanges sent and received are lovely. Congrats on your first successful exchange as moderator.

Michelle said...

Beautiful exchanges x

Chris said...

What beautiful exchange pieces!

diamondc said...

I love both of the exchange pieces they are lovely.
Catherine

Catherine said...

Beautiful pieces!!

Ellen said...

Great Exchange! I love both pieces, they are so gorgeous!

Hugs,

Mayté-MagicXstitch said...

Lisa, thanks for leading the BBE Round 10. I'm so glad you liked the piece I sent you.

The piece you made for LisaP is lovely!!

Happy holidays :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I feel so lucky to have had you as my partner! I love, love, love it! Hugs

Carol said...

Such a nice exchange, Lisa--I do love the piece you stitched and finished for Lisa P. and I can tell she does, too!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful exchanges!

Suzanne said...

What beautiful exchange pieces!