Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Robin Returns & A SAL Finished

My needle has been smoking this week as I have concentrated solely on stitching the Merry & Bright SAL, and instead of showing you a progress picture I can now show you the finished product.  I enjoyed this SAL soo much, at times I just couldn't pull myself away from it.


I only used DMC in my piece and stitched it on a piece of soft green linen that was in my stash.  I dont know what I will finish it as, I have a few ideas though and when its all sorted I will show you it then.

As the title suggests I was also lucky to receive my robin home last month.  A huge thanks and big hugs go out to Angela, Michelle, Elisa and Lesleyanne for contributing to my robin, I'm soo pleased with how it turned out.  This was stitched using only 3 DMC colours and its finished on a piece of cream evenweave.


Well what to stitch now!!!!!  I think I have to go stash diving and see what takes my fancy.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

18 comments:

gracie said...

Merry & Bright is so pretty as is the round robin piece. I have never participated in a RR! Good choice with colors. Good stitching by all.

Catherine said...

Both wonderful pieces!!

Carol said...

Oh, they are both so pretty, Lisa--and how special to have your friends stitching on your RR... Looking forward to seeing what your stash dive comes up with!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

merry & bright looks wonderful, congratulations on the finish.

Michelle said...

Lovely work on your SAL Lisa and glad you were pleased with your RR xx

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. So pleased to hear you like your Round Robin. I enjoyed stitching on it and thank you for letting me.

Ellen said...

Merry n Bright is gorgeous! You are very fast, I only have one ornie done from this sampler.
Your robin looks great too!

Hugs,

Annette-California said...

Merry N Bright is so pretty and Festive:)) Congratulations on finishing. Love the colors. Your RR is just as beautiful. Can't wait to see how you finish both of them. Happy Holidays. love Annette

Siobhán said...

Both are such beautiful pieces! The Merry n Bright is adorable!

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes Lisa!! I love Merry & Bright!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Sally said...

I absolutely love your Merry and Bright finish.

Your RR is beautiful. Well done to all who stitched on it.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I love how Merry & Bright turned out! I've never participated in a stitching round robin. How does that work? I've done one with a quilt group before. I love how yours looks!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Two such pretty pieces!!! I love the color choices you made for your Live, Love, Laugh piece. This is in my stash. I need to get around to stitching it some day!
Linda

butterfly said...

Every thing looks so wonderful and pretty, hugs.

Bianca said...

Both are awesome. I love the colors chosen for the robin!

Andrea said...

Two wonderful finishes. I do like your RR piece. Surprising what can be accomplished with just 3 colours.

Edgar said...

What super pieces!! Congrats on two finishes!!

Sharon said...

Congrats on the fabulous finish! Your RR is lovely too!