Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pincushion Creation

I would like to start off by wishing my dear friend Lisa S a Happy Birthday.  It was Lisa's birthday on Halloween so I'm a few days late posting.
Here is what I sent her for a gift this year.


Shakespeare's Peddler - Sampler Roundy

I didn't have a round base to mount it on so instead I made a round pincushion finish and found a vintage looking button for the centre.  Its the first time I have tried this finish and I was happy with how it turned out.  I used some black chenille to trim it with.

I was also a lucky winner over on Lisa M's blog and this is the parcel that arrived for me.  I got soo excited when I saw all the lovely trims and threads, not to mention the beautiful piece of linen, aren't the colours amazing!  I have also found some ornie's in this magazine that I will be stitching up for sure.  Thank you Lisa!


I have been stitching on an exchange piece and also working on some Christmas Ornie's which I should have finished soon and will show them on my next post.

Thank you all for visiting and your lovely comments, I do appreciate them all.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

21 comments:

Teresa said...

Bellissimo , non conoscevo questo schema, complimenti.
Teresa

Ellen said...

Beautiful pincushion, I sure Lisa S will love it.

Great gifts!

Looking forward to seeing your ornaments.

Hugs,

butterfly said...

Love what you stitched for Lisa's birthday.
And your winning gift goodies are just wonderful, hugs.

Michelle said...

Oh what a beautiful finish Lisa well done it looks stunning.
Lovely win x

Peggy Lee said...

Ohhhh I really like that pincushion!
Very nice winnings you have there.
Congratulations!

Vickie said...

There are a lot of Lisas going on here! The sampler roundy turned out very well.

Brigitte said...

Lisa, how pretty this little pincushion is. You found a very beautiful way of finishing it. Great!

Ellen said...

Beautiful pincushion, I sure Lisa S will love it.

Great gifts!

Looking forward to seeing your ornaments.

Hugs,

Elisa said...

What a gorgeous pincushion and a great package too!

Elaine said...

The pincushion is so pretty Lisa and lovely goodies from dear Lisa M. Happy stitches!

Christina said...

What a lovely gift for Lisa S. I'm sure she was thrilled with it.
Lucky you for winning Lisa M's fabulous giveaway. I haven't purchased this year's ornie preview - is it worth seeking it out???

Chris said...

Wonderful finish Lisa!
What a lovely giveaway win!!

Catherine said...

Love your pincushion finish!! And congrats on your win ~ great goodies!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Great gift! I love the colors. Congrats on your win!

North Country Stitcher said...

Lisa, Beautiful pincushion. I'm glad you liked the goodies.
Lisa M

Angela said...

Very pretty pincushion finish!

Carol said...

I'm sure Lisa was thrilled with her pincushion, Lisa--you really did a splendid job on it :)

Crossed Yarns said...

Hi Lisa Love your colour changes for the Sampler Roundy pincushion. The Victorian Motto threads look very pretty, and I'm thinking of getting some to add to my stash. Hugs, Pokua

Sally said...

The Sampler Roundy looks gorgeous. I bet Lisa S loved it.

Lovely win from Lisa M.

Annette-California said...

Pretty pincushion! You sure received some lovely gifts - Congrats.
love Annette

Suzanne said...

I love the pretty pincushion! Great gifts you received.

I love the bird on the coaster finish you did, it's a very neat finishing idea. Summer Splendor tuned out beautifully as well.

PS. I am very behind on my blog reading.