Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

The Wait Is Over...

I've kept you in suspense long enough.
Here is the experimental finish I was working on and mentioned in my previous post.

The design is by 123 Citrouille and I used the DMC colours called for.  The backing is a wicker style coaster that has a mesh cloth centre.  I cut out card to match the centre circle and covered with fabric which I then attached to the coaster.  You cant see through from the back which is handy.  I then mounted my stitching on to card also and then mounted this onto the fabric circle, it is then trimmed with chenille and I also found a lovely trim to place around the fabric circle.  When attaching this altogether I also sandwiched in the white ribbon and made a bow at the top for a hanger.  The little silver heart charm just adds a touch of bling to the base of the ribbon.


I would love to hear your feedback.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

19 comments:

Veronica said...

I think it's very pretty. You've certainly done a great job and the colours are so sweet.

Hugs,
Veronica.

stitcheranon said...

mmm....oh who am I kidding. It is amazing. Absolutely perfect finish for the design and colours used! It just couldnt be better! Well done!

Vickie said...

How creative and different. The colors compliment each other well.

Patty C. said...

Lovely & unique finish

gracie said...

Very creative!

Deborah said...

I think it is lovely! Very creative an different.

Carol said...

I think it is just beautiful, Lisa--creative and so pretty with the colors you've used!! Great job :)

Deb said...

That is a great way to finish off something! Very pretty!

Christina said...

Ah, that's really pretty Lisa. The silver charm is a lovely finishing touch.

Mylene said...

Lovely design and perfectly finished!!

Rowyn said...

It is gorgeous, well done!

Michelle said...

A lovely finish Lisa x

Lois said...

What a lovely way to finish this!

Tatkis said...

Beautiful stitched motive, and your finish is so lovely and fancy!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Sally said...

What a wonderful finish. It is beautiful.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I love this piece and the creative way you've finished it!!!
Linda

Ellen said...

Very creative, love it!

Hugs,

butterfly said...

Love your finish , such pretty stitching, hugs

Brigitte said...

Wow, thisn looks really lovely. A great finishing idea.