Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Birdy for Lisa

My partner for the Stitching Between Friends exchange was my dear friend Lisa S, the theme for the exchange was Birds.
I had soo much fun stitching this one for Lisa, its such a fun design.  I picked out Lisa's favourite colour purple, chose a dark and a light coloured hand dyed thread and a green one for the flower stalk and this is how the little fellow turned out.


The chart is a freebie online over at Aliola's blog, the chart is in black and white so you choose whatever colours you want to use.

I decided on a tin topper as the finish, inside it is padded in a purple gingham and Lisa can place anything she likes in there.  I am pleased that Lisa loved him when he arrived at her home.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

10 comments:

Daffycat said...

This is such a cute design and I love how you've finished it! Darling!

gracie said...

Such an adorable design...very nice.

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely exchange piece - love the colour.

Michelle said...

Oh I love it xx

Ellen said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing, love it!

Hugs,

Sally said...

That is so sweet!

Claire said...

Great finish.

butterfly said...

Lisa, it is beautiful what a cute chart, hugs.

Christina said...

A lovely bird in my favourite colour - perfect!

Catherine said...

How very cute!!