Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

An Angel...

by the name of June, stepped in to stitch for me.  Earlier in the year I was part of an exchange where the person that had to send to me wasn't able to send out her exchange as she was going through some tough family issues.  June let me know that she was going to be my Angel Stitcher and send me a parcel instead.  I was soo excited as June's stitching is absolutely gorgeous and she is also a dear friend.
Here is the lovely parcel I received.


The little pillow is soo me, its a Shepherds Bush design "Lamb", and check out all the lovely extras June sent along.  Thank you June, you really are "an angel".

Here is the exchange that I sent to my partner Renee earlier in the year.

I also finished stitching on one of the travelling patterns that I put my name down for.  This one is La-D-Da's Yellow Bird.  I used a Blue Opal Thread for this design (no name for colour on label) and it came out a stone beige colour with dark blue highlights .  I chose to leave off the scalloped edging.  This chart is now on its way to Grace to stitch.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

17 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh, I saw the Lamb pillow on June's blog and I must say I'm envious. It's so pretty :) Renee is one lucky girl too. Congrats on finishing Yellow Bird.

Hugs,
Veronica.

gracie said...

Oh wonderful package received....and I am looking forward to the Yellow Bird flying my way.

Daffycat said...

Your angel package is lovely and it came with lots of goodies - *squee* and the exchange you sent out was great too. I love your traveling pattern finish! La D Da has such wonderful designs.

Catherine said...

Isn't June wonderful!?! Wonderful goodies given and received. Your Yellow Bird is so pretty.

Vickie said...

What a lovely exchange. God bless June. :)

Lesleyanne said...

Both exchanges sent and received are gorgeous. How kind of June to be your angel. Lovely finish.

Shirlee said...

June is an angel for sure : ) Lovely exchanges both sent & received! I like the yellow bird better without the scalloped edging I think!

Carol said...

June is such a sweet and giving person--it doesn't surprise me at all that she stepped in and became your angel stitcher!! What lovely goodies you received--enjoy :)

Angela said...

Beautiful exchange package from June, she is an angel for stepping in :)

Great La D Da finish!

Michelle said...

She is a true Angel Lisa xx

butterfly said...

Dear Lisa it was so lovely to be your Angel I really enjoyed stitching for you and very happy that you liked it all.
The yellow bird is beautiful, hugs.

Solstitches said...

What a lovely package of goodies June gifted you.
The SB pillow is gorgeous as is the pillow you sent to your exchange partner.
Lovely finish on the Yellow Bird too.
Margaret

Vinniey said...

So sweet of June! Her stitching is lovely and beautiful gifts she've sent. Lovely gifts you've sent to Renee too. :) Beautiful yellow bird!

Ellen said...

Wonderful package from June! Love that Lamb pillow!

Gorgeous stitching, really love that yellow bird!

Hugs,

belle said...

Lovely exchange, the pillow is so pretty. The one you sent is lovely too.

Brigitte said...

Both exchange pieces are very lovely. And finished in a very creative way. Great!

Mindi said...

Very nice stitching, both yours and June's. What a dear she was to step in and send you such a generous package.