Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Framed Finishes

Hi everyone,
It took a little longer than I thought to get my framed pieces back. When I went to pick them up last weekend I noticed a piece of fluff had been left on one of the pieces and it was behind the glass, as I wasn't happy to take it with that there, they had to keep it and take it apart and redo it for me.  I dont know if anyone else has had that happen to them before or not, but this is now the second time for me even though I have emphasised the problem when I drop off the pieces (please check there is no fluff, hair or little bits of cotton stuck on the piece before framing).

Anyway, now for the pictures.  Here is LHN's "Colonial Dry Goods".


I was really pleased with this one, this frame has a real aged look to it.

Next up we have La-D-Da's "Marion The Librarian".


This frame is a dark green and the gold trim really brings out the gold in Marion's dress. 

The LHN one is destined for my laundry and Marion is still yet to find a place, but I'm sure it wont be long till I find the perfect spot for her.

Happy Easter to all my dear friends and followers.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

22 comments:

April said...

They are both beautiful Lisa!!!

Deborah said...

Both pieces turned out beautifully.

Cole said...

Lovely pieces!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

The framed pieces look great and the frame choices are perfect for each. CJ in OK ;-)

Rowyn said...

I love your framed pieces, they look great!

butterfly said...

Great stitching and framing Lisa, yes its a real nightmare when they leave some thing at the back of your glass.
Now I don't use glass anymore I have them framed with out glass , and small ones I now frame my self.

Michelle said...

Beautiful pieces Lisa - you were right to make them undo the framing and start again. They look lovely xx

Lesleyanne said...

Both pieces look stunning Lisa. You were right to get them to redo it, it would have bugged you otherwise.

Vickie said...

They look great! Marion cracks me up!

stitcheranon said...

ooo loverly. Yes; framing needs to be right, goodness knows you pay enough for it to be done. Not that I know. The only framer I found who would touch stitching used a glue gun! Needless to say I will not touch him now lol

BeckySC said...

They look just lovely :)
Hugs :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your framed pieces look great, Lisa! I've had that happen to me one time and the framer was happy (well, maybe not happy) to undo it and remove the fuzz. I wouldn't hesitate to ask them to do it over if they miss something like that. Eventually, they'll remember; you would hope, anyway!

Christina said...

Ahhh,, they look fab Lisa! Yes, several times I've had issues with things behind the glass. It really annoys me when the framer gives me dirty looks when I ask him to correct it! Erm, it's your error mister, not mine! Lol

Nancy said...

Beautiful framing!

Carol said...

Oh, I love them both Lisa!! So sorry you had an issue with the framing, but glad they fixed it for you. I don't use glass when I have things framed so I don't run into that problem thank goodness :)

If you can't find a place for Marion, she can come live with a fellow librarian (who thankfully, looks nothing like her--ha ha!!)...

Catherine said...

Great finishes ~ love the frames!

Brigitte said...

Great frames that you chose for them.

Sharon said...

Both are lovely!

milly said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog.

Your framed pieces are just beautiful!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Lisa, I love you "Marion", madam libarian! Now I can't get that song out of my head!!:)) I think you framed her perfectly.
Linda

Mylene said...

Beautiful pieces!!

Crossed Yarns said...

Hi Lisa. just catching up on my blog reading. Love them both. Doesn't the framing just bring them to life! hugs