Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Little Houses Exchange

Hi everyone, it has been a little while since my last post but I sure have been busy.

First up I wanted to show you my exchange piece from Brenda.  Our group "Stitching Between Friends" went with a Little Houses theme and this is what Brenda made for me.


Its a Blackbird Design that she made into this wonderful pincushion.  Isn't it marvellous!

My piece for Brenda is still winging its way over the ocean, so hopefully I can show that to you all soon.

Here is my progress picture of the Carriage House Alphabet, I am currently stitching the fourth block "P" border and hoping to have the whole block completed over the weekend.  It will then have a little rest whilst I work on my HOE PS ornie.


I took some work into the framers on Monday.  One was "Marion" my recent finish and the other was LHN's Colonial Dry Goods I finished last year.  I'm looking forward to picking them up which will be in about two weeks time.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

14 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Lovely pincushion from Brenda - looking forward to seeing what you sent her! Your CHS Alphabets are looking great! Don't you love getting framed pieces home? Looking forward to seeing your newest pieces when you get them. Enjoy your weekend!

diamondc said...

Lisa: What a great idea having a little house exchange, the box is adorable, I really like the alphabet blocks I look forward to seeing the completion.
Catherine

Christina said...

Love the pin cushion - especially the pom pom trim!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Stitching x

Daffycat said...

Brenda made you a wonderful pincushion, indeed! Enjoy!

Love your CH WIP. The Octopus cracks me up!

Melissa said...

That's a super cute pincushion! I have yet to try my hand doing such a finish.

You are making great progress on your alphabet!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching.

Sally said...

Your exchange piece from Brenda is gorgeous.

Love your progress on the alphabet.

Carol said...

I just love that alphabet you are stitching, Lisa--nice progress! And such a pretty pincushion for Brenda...I'm sure she'll be thrilled with your piece too :)

Crossed Yarns said...

Your pincushion is just so cool! Also looking forward to seeing your framed stitching. And guess what, a friend of mine has a sister who is a librarian and whose name is Marion :-)

Veronica said...

Oh, that is such a cute pincushion. Love the egg shaped :) Lovely progress on your WiP.

Hugs,
Veronica.

BeckySC said...

Your Alphabet is looking great my friend :)
Enjoy the exchange from Brenda !

Angela said...

What a wonderful exchange from Brenda! Great progress on the alphabet blocks :)

Catherine said...

What a great exchange piece and stitchy progress!