Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Birthday Gift For A Friend

Thought I would share a picture of the little gift I made for my friend BeckySC for her birthday recently.
Becky has always been so wonderful and kind to me and I consider her highly as a dear friend.  She is always soo giving to others, so I thought I would make her something special for her birthday.

When I was stitching the following design I already had the finishing idea in my head all along.  I had the perfect finishing cording for it and when I hunted through my beads I found a large enough one that I could put the cording through and use as a feature to the top.  I was really pleased with the end result and it made it to Becky safe and sound albeit a few days late.


Shakespeare's Peddler "For Ann" design

I also received my Winter exchange piece for the Seasonal Exchange blog from Sarah.  What a beautiful, colourful biscornu I received, with beads for added sparkle.  Its just lovely, thank you Sarah!


Thank you all for your lovely comments in regards to my "Marion" finish.  Some people asked what I was going to do for the finishing, well I would like to have her framed!
I would also like to let my followers and readers know that I have removed the word verification from my comments.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

20 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful finish for Becky and lovely biscornu for you!

Faye said...

Oh Lisa! The stitch and particularly the finish on Becky's gift is just perfect~~ I love watching your creativity come to live....Truly inspirational for me!

Great job my friend, Faye

Lisa S said...

Love the birthday gift you sent to Becky!
You received such a pretty biscornu from Sarah too.

Hugs

Jennifer M. said...

That is a lovely piece you stitched for Becky and such a lovely biscornu that you received. :)

Jen

Daffycat said...

Beautiful stitching. I know Becky loved her birthday gift.

Thank you for not making us prove we are real people! I just posted about that!

Catherine said...

Both your piece for Becky and the biscornu you received are very sweet!

BeckySC said...

I LOVE my gift...thank you my dear friend :)
((hugs))

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely gift for Becky and a great gift for you.

Karen said...

Very cute stitch and love the bead detail at the top.

happy stitching....

Christina said...

I saw your ornie on BeckySC's blog - it's just beautiful.
Love the biscornu - I've yet to stitch/own one myself!

Elaine said...

Beautiful gift for your friend Lisa she must be delighted.
Pretty biscournu too. Hugs.

Deb said...

Both are wonderful Lisa! And I missed your Marion post but I love her too. I've wanted to stitch that piece for a long time and saw it done on 40 count gauze and it was beautiful. But yours is better and I'm sure it was much easier on the eyes to stitch.

Carol said...

I saw your pretty gift for Becky on her blog, too, Lisa--I could tell she just loves it :)

Angela said...

Wonderful gift for Becky! I am sure she was thrilled :)

Crossed Yarns said...

Your finish for BeckySC is beautiful! So is the biscornu from Sarah - love the colours!

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful ornament and I love the way that you have finished it with the bead. Pretty biscornu you received.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely little gift for Becky. She certainly has sent her share and how wonderful for her to receive.
Pretty little biscornu.

Vinniey said...

Beautiful gift for Becky and I'm sure she will love it! :) Your Winter exchange piece from Sarah is lovely too. Have a wonderful weekend!

Andrea said...

A beautiful birthday gift and the exchange piece is a lovely biscornu too.

Carolyn NC said...

Cute finish and exchange!