Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Winding Up 2011!

Here we are at the last day of 2011, and I really dont think I will have another finish by tonight, so I thought I would tally up my finishes for the year.

27 Finishes

Exchanges = 17
ME stitches = 4
Gifts = 6

Huge difference in numbers from last year.  I had 50 finishes last year and 23 of those were exchanges.  I think the difference came down to our financial situation and money crunching.
Next year I will still carry on with my exchanges as I really do enjoy them and I have also picked out an assortment of ME stitches to work on aswell.

In my last post I showed a sneak peek pic of the ME stitch I am working on now.  Well Melissa guessed correctly, its Marion The Librarian by LaDDa, however I am only stitching her I will not be stitching the wording down the bottom.

When our mail service resumed on Wednesday after the Christmas break I received a lovely surprise in the mail.  It was a parcel from my dear friend BeckySC.  She sent me two flower frogs.  Now I have searched antique stores here in my home town which incidentally has a main street lined with antique stores as its one of the oldest suburbs in Perth, and I have never been able to find a single flower frog ever!!!  So to receive two from dear Becky is such a treat.  She also sent me a gorgeous stitched finish, a little tree design with star buttons on its very own hornbook (my first ever hornbook too!!) its soo small and beautifully finished, what a treasure!  And last but not least she filled the box with ribbon trims, another wonderful treat to grow my ribbon collection.  Thank you soo much Becky, it was like Christmas all over again.



Until next time, happy stitching everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

PS. Here is a picture of my son having a blast on a giant blow up water slide.  His friend across the road got this for Christmas and he invited my son over to try it out.  This was on Tuesday and incidentally our temperatures reached 39 degrees and it was stinking hot.

13 comments:

Shirlee said...

Congrats on all the finishes Lisa! I hope I will be as productive in 2012. I wish you a very Happy New Year! May it bring you nothing but happiness! Blessings, Shirlee

Lisa S said...

Congratulations on the # of finishes! I should count mine up lol
I plan on doing a little more "me" stitching this year. I'll see how tht works out :)
Lovely gifts you received from Becky! Lucky girl!
The slide looks like a lot of fun! Glad Kyle get's to enjoy it!
Have a Happy,Healthy & Prosperous New Year my friend!
Hugs

pebbles57 said...

Happy new year 2012
Laura R. from Mexico.

Irlik said...

Happy New Year!!!

Michelle said...

Lovely gifts received Lisa. I have always wanted a hornbook for my collection but can never find any here in the UK. Your son looks like he's really enjoying the slide. Braver than me. Happy New Year Lisa and well done on all your stitching achievements. I am having more of a 'me' stitch in 2012. I have so many charts I have bought but never seem to stitch them. Here's to 2012 which I hope is filled with health, love, friendship and many blessings (and lots and lots of stitching time). Take care xx

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your finishes Lisa. Great gift received from Becky. Your son looks like he is having fun. Happy New Year.

CATHI said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Cathi

Catherine said...

Happy New Year!
Congrats on all the stitches! Here's to a happy, healthy, and stitchy new year!

Melissa said...

That's a LOT of finishes, Lisa! Congrats! Lovely pressies from Becky! Your son has the right idea in the heat!

Happy New Year!

cathymk said...

Happy New Year Lisa!

I'd been checking out our local antique-y places for a frog too. I ended up finding one at Ivy Forado (Railway Parade, Maylands)- the lady in the shop asked if I was a florist!
How lovely that Becky sent one to you!

Mindi said...

Wow, Becky sent yoi some amazing goodies and an adorable stitched hornbook.
Your son looks like he was having a great time on the waterslide.

Suzanne said...

You did stitch quite a bit this last year. I look forward to seeing this years stitching.

What a lovely gift you received.

Pumpkin said...

Even though it was less than last year, I'd still say you had a successful year :o)

That was so thoughtful of Becky!

Happy New Year :o)