Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

O' Christmas Tree

I thought I would post a photo of my Christmas tree and display this year.  It seems that each year it grows with cross stitched decorations from soo many of my wonderful stitching friends, decorations lovingly made for me throughout the years in exchanges and as special gifts.  I get soo excited as I take them out of storage and go through them all.  I dont use tinsel on my tree, I have never been a fan of it, so its just lights and my decorations.

This year I placed my tree in front of my bureau and used the top to display my collection of larger ornaments.  I have had to use a chair to hold onto the stockings though as the bureau edges are bevelled and they dont hold up my pewter stocking holders, so I have had to place them on the edge of the chair and two others hanging from the chair top.



I'm hoping to expand on my reindeer collection after receiving the gorgeous silver one from Kim, however I have had the gold pair for a few years now.  The Santa statue is a newer addition from about two years ago but I love his old appearance (I love the old time looking Santa's) and the hanging velvet advent calendar I have had for quite a while too.

I hope you have enjoyed a peek inside my home during this festive season.

In my last post I promised a start up picture of the ME stitch I am working on.  Well here is a teaser pic, can anyone guess which design it is?


I also managed to sneak this little ornie finish in before the big day too!


I wish all my readers and wonderful stitching friends a Very Merry Christmas and JOY in abundance for the New Year.  I shall be back soon with an end of year tally.
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas
Lisa

15 comments:

nima said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Lisa...your tree looks awesome with all the handmade stuff

Catherine said...

Lovely stitches and decorations! Merry Christmas to you!

Carol said...

Your home looks so warm and welcoming this Christmas season, Lisa! Wishing you and your family a lovely holiday...

Melissa said...

Thanks for the peek at your Christmas decorations. They are lovely and I like that last finish you did with the wee bird on top of the tree.

My guess is you are stitching Marion the Librarian as I have that design too. Way cute!

Merry Christmas, Lisa!

Angela said...

Merry Christmas Lisa :)

Michelle said...

Lovely photos thank you for sharing them with us. Merry Christmas to you xx

Conny said...

Hi Lisa,

Your home is decorated beautifully and it looks so cozy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

blue star stitcher said...

Merry Christmas! Beautiful tree with all those ornaments

Lisa said...

A lovely christmas display x

butterfly said...

Merry Christmas Lisa and family.

Your tree and decorations look wonderful.

CATHI said...

Merry Christmas!

Cathi

Shirlee said...

Merry Christmas Lisa! Your tree & other decorations look lovely! I like your most recent stitchings : ) Blessings, Shirlee

diamondc said...

Lisa: I love your tree and all your Christmas decorations.
Merry Christmas
Catherine

Suzanne said...

I hope that you had a great Christmas and the new year brings good health and fortune.

Emese said...

Happy New Year Lisa! Wish you at least as many wonderful stitches for this year as well!