Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stitching Between Friends Exchange

A group of 6 stitchers got together and formed the Stitching Between Friends Exchange group.  Our first exchange is a Christmas themed one.  I was partnered with Pokua who happens to live here in Perth WA only a 20 minute drive away.  So we decided to get together and have afternoon tea at her house and exchange our goodies.

Here is the beautiful exchange I received from Pokua.


Bataille des Anges by Chez Mounette.
Stitched on hand dyed linen using a variegated thread.
Finished as a cube/large pinkeep.


Extras included a piece of 32ct Belfast natural raw opalescent fabric, a packet of thread drops, heart tape measure and some chocolates.

And here is what I made for Pokua.


Snowman by Tralala.
Stitched on Light Blue 28ct evenweave using DMC.
Finished as a wallhanging.


Extras included a star shaped Christmas plate, a pair of Christmas ornies and a sheet of Christmas stickers.

We had such a delightful day, it was so nice to spend time with someone who enjoys the same hobby and has similar tastes in stitching.  I look forward to our next get together Pokua, and thank you for inviting me over.

I am currently working on some ornies at the moment, two are finished and ready to go so I should be able to show them soon.

Thank you all for the comments you left and the emails I received in regards to my last post and my kidney stone issue.  I am delighted to say that when I went in for my ultrasound there was no sign of it anywhere.  So I am one of the lucky ones that didn't even feel it pass.  WooHoo!!  It still took a few more days for the bruising and swelling to go down after being poked and prodded by the ultrasound wand and I also have a large bruise where they placed a drip in my arm (which is still quite dark and purple) but I'm happy to report that I am now pain free.

Until next time, happy stitching.
Lisa

15 comments:

Suzanne said...

Lisa, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling much better and the kidney stone has passed.

How wonderful for you to have met up with a stitching friend. You both put together such wonderful packages with beautiful stitching.

Lee said...

Lisa, I feel for you and are so glad you no longer suffer from Kidney stones... having just spent 8 days with either kidney stones or back problems I certainly dont want a repeat. What fun to be able to meet, share and exchange your gifts. love both pieces.

butterfly said...

Lovely exchanges.

diamondc said...

Lisa: I am glad your stone passeds, I so much love your Snoman he is adorable and the piece you recieved is beautiful'
I am glad you have a group to get together with, I have a group I get together with several times a year, sometimes 30+ ladies and sometimes about eight of us stitch together it all depends on the time of year.
Blessings
Catherine
diamondc

BeckySC said...

Both exchanges are just wonderful :)
Glad you are feeling better my friend!
((hugs))

Lesleyanne said...

So pleased you are feeling better. Hope the bruises go soon. Gorgeous gifts exchanged.

Nancy said...

Lovely exchanges for you and Pokua! Glad you two had a nice time together! Glad too that your stone passed without pain!

Christina said...

Oh wow, I would love to meet up with fellow stitchers. Your exchange from Pokua is so pretty. I bet you can't wait to display it for Christmas.
I love the tralala snowman you stitched for Pokua. I would really like to stitch a tralala design but they're like hens teeth here in the UK!
I'm so pleased you're feeling well again and that it's unlikely to happen again as the little blighter passed un-noticed! x

Lisa said...

Love the xmas ornaments, really lovely.

Veronica said...

Lovely exchanges. The red noel is beautiful and your snowman is too cute. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Do take care.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Sally said...

Those exchanges are gorgeous Lisa. Love the snowman. I'm starting that one 1st December :)

Glad to hear your kidney stone has gone. My DH had one many years ago and ended up having to have an op.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Lisa. Wonderful designs both given and received xx

Carol said...

Whew! What a relief that you passed the stone so easily, Lisa! Glad you're feeling all better...

How nice to find a fellow stitcher so close to your home--both of your exchange pieces are lovely and I hope you'll have many chances to get together in the future :)

Catherine said...

So glad you are feeling better! I hope that if my stones ever decide to act up, that I pass them without feeling them!
Lovely exchange pieces!

Tatkis said...

Both exchanges are so beautiful! Great swap!

Hugs,
Tatyana