Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Into Halloween Exchange

I particpated in the SWL Fall Into Halloween Exchange and again had such a wonderful time stitching and finding things for my partner and also receiving such a wonderful parcel from my partner.

This exchange I sent to Mel who chose a Fall parcel.
Here is what I stitched for her.

LHN "Acorns"
Stitched on beige/coffee evenweave using required threads.
Didn't stitch the snow and used leaf embellishments instead.
Finished as a pinkeep.

Here is a picture of everything I included in the parcel.


I was lucky to receive my parcel from June and here is what she sent me.



I felt soo very spoilt receiving all these lovely items from June.  She incorporated my love of hedgehogs with a little ornament and a wooden button, there was a beautiful hanging ornamental leaf, fabric, notepads and other little items and check out that gorgeous wildlife calendar.  Thank you soo much June, I love all you sent.

Now onto my bad news.  I had a little scare at the beginning of the week and ended up in hospital not once, but twice!  First at midnight on Sunday/Monday I had to have my husband take me into the Emergency Department as I was suffering excrutiating pain in my side and abdomen area, after some tests, fluid and pain relief I was sent for a scan in the morning and the culprit turned out to be a kidney stone.  Well let me tell you that they are not wrong when they say these things are extremely painful, the pain is basically the stone coming from your kidney and moving its way down the tract to the bladder.  Holy Moly, I have never experienced pain like it, and hope to never again.  The doctor said it was only small and I could pass it myself and sent me home with meds.  I was fine the next couple of days, only experiencing drowsiness from the meds, but Thursday nights I was hit with a massive migraine and nausea and my husband took me back to the hospital after phoning them first to see what he should do.  They said I could have an infection or side affect from the stone and it was best to get me back in.  After more fluids and pain relief they decided that it was probably just a one off migraine and sent me home again.
Now I have to wait until Monday to go back to the Doctors for a new scan to see if the stone has passed.  I havent felt anything, but today has probably been the best day I have had soo far.  I'm hoping that it has gone and I havent noticed and then I can get to my normal life again.  I havent even been able to stitch much, because when I concentrate too much it brings a headache on and I dont want to get another severe one.

So wish me luck everyone, I'm hoping its made its way out and "somehow" I havent noticed.  It can happen, I've been reading stories, just hoping I'm one of the lucky ones I guess!

Until next time, I hope you at least get to enjoy some stitching time.
BFN
Lisa

15 comments:

Mindi said...

I'm so sorry you've had such a miserable week. I've had kidney stones before, and they are NOT fun. I hope you recover soon.

Both exchanges looked gorgeous. I really love how you adapted the acorns design to make it more fall-like.

BeckySC said...

You sent and received a great exchange :)
I hope your stone has passed.
Sending good thoughts
((hugs my friend))

Julianne said...

Lisa,

I am so sorry to read about your ordeal. It sou ds like your husband is taking good care of you. I hope it will soon be a distant memory.

Hugs

staci said...

Wonderful exchanges, both sent and received!

So sorry about your ER visits...I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

April Mechelle said...

Your swaps are so great!! Hope that stone has moved own out!!

butterfly said...

Sorry Lisa you have been unwell hope you are feeling better now.

So pleased you liked your exchange i had fun finding things for you.

Hope you have a better weekend.

Christina said...

I too had lots of fun participating in this exchange! Really looking forward to the Christmas one!
Your pin keep for Mel is really cute - I love the ribbon you used.
The parcel from June was really thoughtful, sending you Hedgehog goodies!
Ouch, a kidney stone sounds very painful, I hope you're rid of it soon. It must have been very scary being in so much pain and not knowing what the cause was.

gracie said...

lovely exchanges....
I understand the kidney stone as I also have experienced the pain...hang in there. Do you take anything for the migraines? I take Imitrex and it helps me. Hope you have a better week ahead.

Carol said...

Looks like you're really enjoying your exchanges this year, Lisa! Lovely gifts both given and received...

I'll never forget the pain my brother-in-law was in with his kidney stone problem a few years ago...hope yours passes quickly and you can get back to a normal life. You never realize how wonderful good health is until something like this happens do you? Take care...

Brigitte said...

Both exchnage pieces are so beautiful, and they are also beautifully finished.
Hopefully your kidney stone has found its way out by now.

Lesleyanne said...

Hope you feel better soon and have passed the kidney stone. Lovely exchanges sent and received.

Mylene said...

Both exchanges are beautiful.

I hope you feel better very soon.

Catherine said...

Oh ouch! I have stones, but have never passed any. I'm dreading that day ever occurring! I hope you are feeling better now!
Beautiful exchange pieces!

Tatkis said...

Both exchanges are beautiful!
Good luck and take care! Hope you are feeling better!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Suzanne said...

Lisa I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I have been told that kidney stone pain is worse than labour, so I can only imagine the pain you were in.

I hope that you are doing better now!

PS. Love the exchange you stitched.