Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friendship Bag

It was recently my dear friend Angela's birthday.  This year I wanted to surprise her with a finish I had never tried before.  I had a vision for the design I had chosen to stitch and I was determined to see it through.  First up I went on the hunt for a tutorial ... Now some of the tutorials were way beyond my skill level, they looked so intricate with buttons and zippers and way too much going on, I just knew I would never master them, so I eventually found the one I was looking for and got all my supplies together.  Out came the sewing machine, pinned the fabric and placed it under the little foot and "Clunk" - the sewing machine didn't want to work.  No matter what I tried I couldn't get it going.  However, I was not going to let this hunk of plastic ruin my vision, I would just have to do it all by hand - and that is what I did.  Now it took me a lot longer to get to that final point where it all came together, but boy was it exciting!!!!  Talk about the most exciting finish I have ever done and with my own little fingers slaving away over it too, it made it that much more special to me.  Granted, its not perfect, I wish I had given it abit more material at the top, but I know this for next time.

Without further ado may I present to you my first ever bag finish.


Design -Danybrod "L'amitie"
Stitched on 32ct white linen using DMC
The lady in blue is supposed to represent Angela as it is her favourite colour and she has lighter hair, and the other lady is me.  The little heart in the centre has the words "Made With Love" engraved on it.
Here is the whole parcel I sent out to Angela.


I'm happy to say that Angela really was surprised by my gift, a finish she never expected. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear friend.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

21 comments:

diamondc said...

What a Lovely Bag such pretty colors.
Nice work.
Catherine
diamondc

Angela said...

It is absolutely beautiful! A finish to be very, very proud of and I will treasure it always :) Thank you sooooo much dear friend, you mean the world to me!

Teresa said...

I think your bag is lovely. It was a wonderful gift.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

CindyMae said...

I LOVE IT!!! That is such a gorgeous finish. What a lovely gift.

If you have not already stopped by my blog, make sure and visit. Got a giveaway going on that ends on the 5th!!!

staci said...

I think that bag turned out perfectly! What a lovely gift and the design is a wonderfully sweet representation of your friendship!

butterfly said...

A wonderful bag for a special friend . Love the sweet chart.

Michelle said...

Its beautiful - well done xx

Conny said...

Perfect theme and beautiful finish! Dany makes lovely designs. Tip for making your bag. Find a Tilda book in the library then you can see the tutorial.

Christina said...

Well done for stepping out of your comfort zone and doing a new finish. I keep on meaning to do it but I'm not brave enough! A lovely bag finish, no wonder Angela was thrilled with it.

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish Lisa. I can see why Angela was delighted with it.

Carol said...

Such a delightful gift, Lisa! I love everything about it, from the sweet design, to the lavender fabric and bow. I'm sure Angela will treasure it :)

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous bag and such a lovely gift. Angela is lucky to count you as her friend.!

CATHI said...

What a beautiful present you made! Your friend must have been very happy when receiving it! Very beautiful, also the finish! :o)

Cathi

Vinniey said...

Your first bag looks beautiful, Lisa! Such a lovely gift to Angela. Very beautiful stitching too. :)

Lisa S said...

It is absolutely perfect Lisa!!! You did a wonderful job on the finish :) Lucky Angela for receiving such a treasure!
Hugs

Nancy said...

What a bag, it looks wonderful! So sweet of you to treat your friend to such a special gift!

Catherine said...

Wonderful gift! I'm sure that you made Angela very happy!

Brigitte said...

What a beautiful finishing you chose for this lovely piece. A great gift.

Blu said...

What a lovely bag! I can't believe you finished it off by hand!
A wonderful gift~

Colours of the Outback said...

Such a lovely bag. Beautiful.

Mindi said...

Beautiful job with the bag, it turned out wonderful, despite a sewing machine that wouldn't cooperate.