Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Ornie for Angela

May was Angela's month to receive in our Ornie Swap group.  I posted towards the end of the month and she just received it the other day.
I had alot going on that month so I sent it off to Karen V who had just started her own finishing business and asked her to make an ornie for me.  I supplied the backing fabric but I asked Karen to add whatever trim and ribbon she thought best suited it.  Karen chose a lovely chenille trim to match in with the red/maroon in the stitching and a bone coloured bow for the hanger.  I was soo happy with the finished piece, Karen did a remarkable job.  And I am also pleased to announce that Angela loved it too.

Bent Creek - Be Merry
Stitched on beige evenweave using DMC.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

16 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely ornament for Angela.

staci said...

A really sweet ornament Lisa! I'm sure Angela loves it :)

RuthB said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful! Many congratualtions on fine stitching and lovely finishing.

Andrea said...

A beautiful ornament. Can't remember seeing this design at all, but it's a lovely Christmas image.

Carol said...

You and Karen make a great team, Lisa--wonderful stitching AND finishing :)

Ellen said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing, love this ornie!

Hugs,

Pointed Stitcher said...

Great ornie ;)

Michelle said...

Its lovely Lisa well done x

Angela P said...

I love it Lisa, thank you again :)

Mylene said...

What a lovely ornament for Angela. Great job!!

mainely stitching said...

How could anyone not love that adorable ornament?! It's lovely. :)

Sharon said...

Too cute! Lovely ornament.

Suzanne said...

What a cute ornament and Karen did a lovely job of the finishing.

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow, that is just adorable Lisa! I'm sure Angela loved it :o)

Was that pattern in one of the JCS ornie magazines?

Brigitte said...

Great stitching, Lisa, and great finishing by Karen.

ann d du québec said...

ravissant petit pinkeep.