Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Framing Complete!

I finally got around to using one of those lovely frames I was lucky to receive from my parents. 
I framed my "There Is A Garden" finish. 
Now, the smallest frame was too small, and this frame was the next one up, so to fill in some of the blank space I pinned a piece of lace down one side and highlighted it with a piece of brown ribbon to match in with the design.  I am happy with the final look.


I have been busy stitching, but what I am working on are all for upcoming exchanges so I cant really show anything right now.
I have been busy getting together some items to go with a private exchange piece and also an upcoming Picnic themed exchange piece.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

19 comments:

kvstitching said...

I really like the way you've framed this Lisa - it's a sweet design and the lace and ribbon are a nice touch.

KarenV

Topcho said...

It looks awesome with the lase and the ribbon! Great idea!

Lesleyanne said...

Your framed piece looks lovely.

Michelle said...

Its lovely Lisa x

blue star stitcher said...

what a great idea to use lace to fill in part of the border.

Christina said...

A lovely finish Lisa - I love the lace and brown ribbon.

Deb said...

It looks wonderful. I like your use of lace in it - adds just the right touch.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

That's a wonderful sampler, Lisa! I think you did a great job adding the lace and ribbon to make it work in the frame. Very pretty!

Carin said...

I love how its framed. Wonderful !

Lisa S said...

It looks wonderful Lisa!!
What a great idea using the lace & ribbon.

Angela P said...

I think it looks great Lisa :) It really adds to the finish!

Anne said...

I love the added piece of lace on the side and ribbon. Great idea for frames that are too big for a finished piece!

Sally said...

I love the way you've framed this. It looks so pretty.

Suzanne said...

What a very nice piece. I really love how you added the ribbon and lace trim to the piece.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh very beautiful I love the rabit !
have a good day

marylin France

Jackie said...

Hello Lisa.
Your framed piece looks beautiful. You did a wonderful job with the lace and ribbon. It adds a personal touch.
Jackie

Mylene said...

A beautiful sampler, well done!!

Carol said...

The framed finish looks so cute, Lisa--such cute little creatures in this piece :)

Pointed Stitcher said...

Beautiful ;)