Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Flatfold Finish & Secondhand Goodies!

I have just heard that Lisa S has received the piece I stitched for her in our private exchange.  We chose a stitching related theme and I found this one as a freebie online.  It was great fun to stitch especially using the thread I chose (details below) and then personalising it with our initials.


Stitched using Waterlillies Caron Silk - Rose Blush
28ct cream evenweave
Finished as a flatfold


I was also lucky to be given these lovely frames from my parents on the weekend.  They have been doing some clearing out and decided to put some photos together in larger frames so they no longer needed these smaller ones, so I grabbed them.  They are all soo lovely and I have included a close up shot so you can see some of the detail on them.  I am hoping to use one of them for my recent "There Is A Garden" finish (as shown in my previous post).  Thank you also for all your lovely comments on my finish, this is definately a stitched piece I will treasure forever.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

17 comments:

Faye said...

I can invision those frames with all kinds of stitching in them Lisa~~ Enjoy your day, Faye

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely flatfold finish. The frames are great.

Catherine said...

What a sweet finish!! And those frames are fanastic!

Brigitte said...

I've just admired your wonderfully stitched and finished exchange piece on Lisa's blog.

Kahlan said...

This is realy nice flatfold.I like the colours.
Frames are definitely the bes way to preserve stitched work.These are lovely frames.

Karen said...

I just love your finish....love the thread color on this one! I know Lisa was very happy with this one.

Who doesn't love free goodies too???

Happy stitching....

Alisa said...

Love the flatfold finish...well done! I am sure you'll find a great use for those frames. :)

FIONA said...

Love this design lisa - where did you find it online? I would like to stitch it up as beautifully as yours!

Mylene said...

Your flatfold finish looks gorgeous, Lisa.

That sure beautiful frames you got from your parents.

Pointed Stitcher said...

I love the piece you stitched and I'm sure you'll put those frames to good use ;)

Carol said...

Wonderful flatfold for Lisa S., Lisa V.!! I'm sure she loves it...The colors are wonderful, too.

Topcho said...

Love the finish, it's so cute! The frames are great too! :D

Anne said...

The piece you stitched for Lisa is so pretty! I love the pattern and how you finished it! Those frames are great! Now you need to fill them :D

staci said...

Wonderful job on the flatfold finish! And wow, that is quite a haul of frames there...can't wait to see you fill them :)

Sally said...

The flatfold looks fantastic Lisa.

Love those frames.

Carin said...

What a beautiful flatfold and those frames are lovely

Suzanne said...

I love the flatfold, it's such a beautiful colour.

Great frames you picked up from your parents. They will be lovely for framing your stitched pieces.