Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My WIP Is Finished!!

YAY, happy, happy dance for me!!!!
Thursday night I managed to finish up my current WIP.  What a fun stitch this turned out to be, I loved the colours and the little saying would stick in my head everytime I worked on it.  I lost my Grandad in 2005 and my Nana in 2008, so I incorporated their initials into the hills at the bottom "FBC" and "JHC", there wasn't really enough room to do anything else but I thought that was a nice subtle way of including them in it.

Homespun Elegance - There Is A Garden
Stitched on 28ct cream evenweave using DMC and WDW

In other stitching news I posted out my private exchange piece to Lisa S and also managed to stitch up an ornie for Angela in our Ornie Swap group.
My next stitchy deadline isn't until June now and that is a private exchange I will be doing with Cath of The Stitchin Chicken.
So now its time to go through my stash and see what WIP I can start on next.
Until next time, happy stitching.
Lisa

26 comments:

Ellen said...

Gorgeous! Love that verse on the sampler!

Hugs,

gracie said...

Oh my, how lovely...and the saying is beautiful.

Anne said...

Congrats Lisa! That's wonderful that you added your grandparents into the design. A lovely piece to cherish!

April Mechelle said...

Love your finish !!! I like the idea of the initials in the stitched grass!!!

Virpi said...

What a lovely design and the verse.

Lesleyanne said...

A great finish. Love that you were able to add your grandparents initials. Look forward to seeing what you stitch next and your exchanges.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful design and a nice way to show tribute to your grandparents! Congraduations on the finish...enjoy the dance :)

Nan said...

That is a great design. I love anything with the alphabet so this one really caught my eye. What a great tribute to include your family in the design.

Carol said...

Such a sweet finish, Lisa and I love how you added your grandparents initials. Congratulations!

Lisa S said...

Oh Lisa! I LOVE the sampler and the way you incorporated your grandparents initials! Congrats on your wonderful finish!

Deb said...

I love this piece and just in time for Easter. And I love the verse in it too. Sweet stitching!!

JOLENE said...

I love this piece! Congrats on a lovely finish. Happy Easter! Smiles....

Carolyn NC said...

Wonderful finish!

Kahlan said...

This is realy nice piece.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Beautiful, Lisa! I love that you added your grandparents initials. They'd be tickled, I'll bet. Happy Easter.

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish.What a lovely tribute to your grandparents. It always feels so good to get another WIP out of that pile!

Myra said...

That is just lovely Lisa. I love the saying too. Happy Easter!

Pointed Stitcher said...

Great finish ;)

Lisa said...

It's lovely Lisa & a thoughtful way to remember your grandparents.

Suzanne said...

Great finish! This is such a lovely design and I love that you personalised the piece with your Grandparent's initials.

Sally said...

That is a beautiful finish. Love the verse.

Alisa said...

Wonderful finish! What a nice way to remember your grandparents!!!

Carin said...

That is a beautiful finish !!

Ranae said...

What a lovey finished tribute to your grandparents. Congrats!

Brigitte said...

Oh Lisa, this is a wonderful piece. I love HE.

Mylene said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish. I have that on my list to buy one day, such a great design.