Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Blog In Print

I remember seeing on Fiona's blog a link to a website that takes your blog posts and makes them into a glossy book.  I decided to go on over and take a look.  I had a little play around to see what the product would look like and then decided that I would have a think about it and go back.  In the meantime, I received a discount voucher through an email so I decided to go ahead and give it a go.  I thought I would print my last years blog posts into a book, if I was then pleased with the final outcome of the book I would then go back and print out each year as its own book to keep as keepsakes of my blogging and stitching time.  Well I received my first book in the mail this week, and I am soo pleased with it that I am definately going back for more.  Each page is glossy paper and the print looks very professional, you choose your own picture for the front of your book and also your heading, there are also many different background prints to choose from too.  Here is a picture of my blog book.


If you are interested in finding out more visit the Sharedbook website.

I was also the lucky winner of one of Cath's giveway's on her blog.  She also sent me some lovely extras including a pair of scissors and a rather cute little notebook.  The pincushion colours are just lovely.


And for stitching news of my own I heard from Sharon (Daffycat) that she had received the ornie I stitched for her in our Ornie Swap group.  I know its not your normal christmassy style design ie. Snowmen, reindeer etc but I loved the colours and subtleness of it.  I am pleased that Sharon also loved it.


Until next time dear friends, happy stitching
Lisa

15 comments:

Deb said...

I have heard about this hear and there and thought that it would be a great idea. Now that you say that you're happy I might give it a try. I'm always afraid Blogger will blow up one day and it would be nice to have a record of what I have posted.

Nancy said...

Glad you loved the book! I will have to remember that link and check it out at the end of the year. What a nice keepsake it would be.

Thank ornament is so pretty in its simplicity!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely ornament sent to Sharon. I like the book idea.

gracie said...

I also have been thinking of the blog book....love your finishes...

Vinniey said...

How nice to have own printed journal. Your book looks beautiful, Lisa. Beautiful ornament for Sharon, I love the finish you've made. Very nice! Beautiful gifts from Cath too. Have a wonderful week.

Carol said...

I'm glad you're pleased with your blog book, Lisa. I'm thinking about asking my sons to have one made of my blog for a Mother's Day gift...

Nice giveaway win from Cath and your ornament for Sharon is so pretty--I like the tassels at the bottom. Now that I've finally figured out how to make cording, tassels are next!

Jackie said...

What a neato idea for a blog book. The ornie was a beautiful gift.

Suzanne said...

I have started to make my blog into a book as well, I really love the cover design you chose.

Great giveaway you won and really lovely ornament.

Topcho said...

What an oroginal idea, to print a blog as a book! First time I hear about it! Yours looks so neat and pretty!

Pumpkin said...

I've seen that. Great! Now I think you've got me convinced to get mine done... You enabler you!!!! ;o)

I saw your lovely ornament on Sharon's Blog. Beautiful job Lisa :o)

Lisa said...

I created one of those blog 2 print books too, not of my stitching blog but of the one I kept when my older son & his hockey team went to Quebec for a tournament. What a wonderful keepsake it created. Now, if the blog should disappear one day, my son will have a hard copy of the entire blog (words and photos) to remember that special trip. It definitely would be fun to create one of my stitching blog as I have put a lot of myself in it.
Take care.

Nina said...

This blog printer is amazing, thanks for the link!!

Daffycat said...

I love this ornament, Lisa! It looks very Christmassy to me!!!

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like a great idea! Love the stitching all around. :)

Pointed Stitcher said...

The piece you stitched for Sharon is one I'm stitching right now. Not sure if it will be for me or a gift.