Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Update

As mentioned in my previous posts I have finished off my Lizzie Kate Snowman 2010.  I am just pondering now as to how to finish him off.  I have some lovely red christmas fabric that might do the trick but whether he turns into a pillow or a wall hanging or something else, I'm not sure!


I then started work on my next WIP.  I have had this design a little while and always wanted to stitch it up.  I love the saying and the colours are nice and subtle.  Its a design by Homespun Elegance called "There Is A Garden", and here is my progress soo far.


I have checked out some of the designs that came out at market and there are a few there that I wouldn't mind adding to my stash when I get some spare change.  I love La-D-Da's - Yellow Bird, Blackbird Design's - Wild Lilies & All Through The Night's - Use Your Talents, funnily enough they all have birds in them.  I am also loving Jardin Prive's releases, they are always soo lovely.  Is there any at market that really took your fancy?

Well for now I have had to put There Is A Garden away for a little break while I stitch Sharon's ornie in the Ornament Swap group.  I started work on it yesterday.  I chose a rather different looking design this time, not your average christmassy design of snowmen or santa's etc, but I do think Sharon will love it (I hope).
I also will be starting on my piece for a private exchange I am doing with Lisa S.  We chose a stitchy related theme and I already have that design picked out too.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

17 comments:

Christina said...

I simply must stitch LK Snowman, I've admired him on several blogs this month.
Your new WIP is lovely, the font of the verse is so unusual.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely finsih on your L*K Snowman. I have this to stitch. Look forward to seeing how you finish finish it. Look forward to seeing your ornament exchanges. Lovely progress on your WIP.

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on finishing this cute little snowman. And oh, what a nice new project you chose. I love HE designs and I have started a similar one for the Crazy Challenge in January. It's fun to stitch it.

Topcho said...

The snowman is so cute, I think he'll look lovely hanging on a wall! Nice Wip too!

Nan said...

Congratulations on fininshing your snowman. He is definitely a cutie. Can't wait to see how you finish him.
I know what you mean about the new market designs. I couldn't resist and added a few plus have a few on my wish list :0)

Carol said...

What a lovely new start, Lisa--I've become very fond of Homespun Elegance designs lately and this one is a beauty. Love your latest finish, too :)

Megan said...

I LOVE that Lizzie*Kate snowman and have him on a wishlist. He is just adorable and you have done a great job! I will save him of my list for later in the year. Right now I just can't do another winter theme. I am all about spring right now!

Alisa said...

Really like that Snowman...may have to stitch that one myself! Your new WIP is looking great...can't wait to see it progress!

Lisa said...

Really love the Lizzie Kate Snowman, can't remember if I have that in stash or not... will add it to my list just in case:)

Michelle said...

Your new WIP is looking lovely and I adore the Snowman - how cute xx

staci said...

I adore your LK snowman, he's darling! Nice HE start too :)

BeckySC said...

I love the snowman :) I have him ready to stitch-but have been drawn to much larger projects this year :) Yours turned out adorable!
I stitched There is a Garden several years back and gave it to Barbara :) I also have it ready to stitch again for myself:) Yours will probably inspire me to move it up on my list :)

Have a most wonderful week my friend :)
(((hugs)))

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Love the snowman finish, Lisa! I can't wait to see how you finish him off. Your WIP is lovely - great colors!

Suzanne said...

Very cute snowman! He would make a very nice flatfold.

Lovely piece you are now working on.

Carin said...

Your snowman is beautiful ! And your WIP is looking very nice.

Sally said...

I love your L*K Snowman. He is such a cutie.

Lovely start on the HE piece.

There are some lovely releases from market. I've just ordered the new Jenny Bean Creation Sampler and I'm waiting on the new BBD book to reach me! Other things can go on my wishlist!

Patty C. said...

I am working on that little snowman - Not quite finished

Yours looks lovely ;)