Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovely Gifts Received

WOW what a great mail week for me.  I have been super lucky!!!

Look at this amazing blogoversary gift I won over at Lisa S's blog.  It's "Friendship Bird" by Stitchy Kitty and it was in the Jan/Feb issue of The Gift of Stitching.  She used 30ct Hushabye Mint fabric and the Crescent colours floss called for.  His "tail feathers" are whole skeins of CC floss called Embers, Sunshine Girl and Jelly Roll.  Isn't it just gorgeous!
I just love the colours, they are soo cheery and its such a special finish, one I probably will never see again, soo I love him to bits Lisa, thank you soo much.


Next up I received a PIF gift from Suzanne.  The design is by Teresa Wentzler and its called the "English Cottage Sampler".  Suzanne finished it as a lovely pincushion pillow with lovely beading around the edges and beaded looped corners.  Its just gorgeous and a lovely surprise to receive.  Thank you Suzanne.


I spent the weekend doing some finishing.  I completed Sharon's ornie for our Ornament Swap group and also a finish for Elisa.  I had to angel stitch for Elisa as she never received from her partner in the Seasonal Exchange group.  Cant show you them until they are received though.
Next up I start on a private exchange I am doing with Lisa S.
Thank you for your visits and lovely comments, they always make me smile.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

13 comments:

Alisa said...

Wow...you are lucky! They are both wonderful!!!

Lesleyanne said...

Both gifts received are lovely.

Carin said...

What a wonderful gifts !

Sally said...

They are both gorgeous but I have to say I absolutely love the bird. Must go back to my GOS and have another look!

Tatkis said...

Congratulations with such a lovely gifts!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Topcho said...

Lovely gifts indeed! I too love the bird, it's such an original finishing, and pretty as well!

Carol said...

Isn't it fun when stitchy gifts arrive in the mail :) Both are so pretty--enjoy!

Mylene said...

What lovely gifts received.

Angela P said...

I just love that little bird! He is so colorful and fun :) The PIF pincushion is very pretty too the beaded edge is the perfect detail!

Lisa S said...

So Glad you Love it Lisa!! It was fun to stitch & finish for you :)

I love what Suzanne sent you!!

Suzanne said...

I love the little birdie, I saw it in the GOS magazine and fell in love with it straight away. Glad you liked the little pillow, it was a fun piece to stitch.

poussy-stiches-my-love.over-blog.com said...

oh very beautiful !

have a good day !
marylin in FRANCE

Myra said...

Lovely gifts - aren't stitchy gifts wonderful?! Love your LK finish in the previous post - cute.