Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stitching & Stash

I have received the fabric and flosses that I ordered to start work on two WIP's that I have pulled out for me this year.  I also decided to grab two charts whilst I was at it.
I fell in love with The Goode Huswife's "Home Sweet Home", I love robins (they remind me of my beloved Grandad who I lost in 2005) and the colours in it are soo rich and lovely.  The other chart is Heart In Hands "Snow Triplet", some more small xmas designs to come in handy for ornies.  The fabric I bought is 28ct Summer Sky Jobelan and 28ct Amber Toast Almond Linen.


I have also been stitching another small design for myself, this is Lizzie Kate's "Snowman 2010", another one I just love the colours in.  I have no idea how I am going to finish him up just yet, but I dont have any committment or exchange stitching until March so I had to find something to fill in the time.


Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

17 comments:

Nan said...

I like your choice in stash. I've never seen the design with the robin before. I really like it.
I'm working on Snowman '10 also. So far its been fun to stitch.

natalyK said...

Love the new stash! Your snowman looks wonderful.

Lisa said...

What wonderful stash you have received and the snowman is so cute. I can't wait to see how you finish it!
Take care.

cathymk said...

Some lovely stashing there! I love how your snowman is stitching up!

Lesleyanne said...

Great new stash. I love your progress on the Snowman. What are yuo stitching him on?

Anne said...

I love the "Home Sweet Home". My Nana loves robins a lot too so I stitched her a little one for Christmas. It'll be really nice to see how it will turn out. Awesome stash and sweet snowman!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Oooh, I love getting stash in the mail! You got some fun stuff. The snowman is really cute.

Carin said...

What a great stash you have and that snowman is looking beautiful

Conny said...

Love your stash especially the chart from the Goode huswife. I have that one in my stash too. The LK is lovely. Thanks for visiting me.

Brigitte said...

Very nice new stash which promises many hours of happy stitching. Your little snowman project looks very pretty.

Carol said...

What a dear little chart that Home, Sweet, Home is Lisa--I can see why you fell in love with it! Another one to "add to my list!!"

Your little LK snowman is so bright and cheery looking :)

Meadows08 said...

Great stash Lisa! I love your snowman too, the colours are so pretty.

Sally said...

I love your new stash especially the robin one. I have not seen that one before.

Your snowman is coming along nicely. So cute!

Micki said...

I love your snowman, and it looks like you got some wonderful supplies.
Micki

Robin said...

What fun projects you are planning for this year! Home Sweet Home is on my 'want to stitch' list as I too love robins and collect anything having to do with them. Can't wait to see your start, maybe it will tempt me to pull this design out too!

Suzanne said...

Great new stash! I love this Goode Huswife design as well. The snowman start is lovely.

Virpi said...

Home sweet home -chart looks really nice ans so does the snowman that you are stitching. I love the green scarf that he is wearing. =)