Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Gifts & A Scary Christmas Night!

My dearest blogging friend Angela and I always make each other special Christmas gifts each year.  This year I got to add 2 new beauties to my Christmas collection.

First up is the gorgeous ornie - 


Lizzie Kate - Peace Blessing
Stitched on 28ct Mushroom Jobelan using DMC.

And my big stitched gift is -


Carriage House Samplings - Merry Christmas
Stitched on 32ct Autumn Fields Lugana using DMC.

Both are just delightful and that pillow has pride of place on top of my Christmas display table.  Thank you Angela for another wonderful year of friendship.

And here is what I sent Angela - ornie -


Snowman Flatbed
Stitched on natural linen using DMC.

And the stitched gift -


An element taken from Blue Ribbon Designs - Peppermint Twist
Stitched on cream linen using DMC.

This was Angela's first needleroll and I'm soo happy that she loved it.  I also included some other goodies in her parcel.


I hope one and all had a lovely Christms Day.  Our day was great with hot temperatures so we stayed inside most of the day in the aircon.  However, things changed for the worse that night.  We had a strong storm front hit us and what felt like cyclonic winds raging through our suburb, it was very scary and as I put my head down on my pillow to go to sleep I heard an almighty crash and jumped up to look out the window to see a very large patio roof blowing down the street, it was heading straight for us.  It stopped on the verge next door and across the whole road and folded over.  This was lucky as it then stopped it from moving any closer and we waited for the emergency services to come out and make it safe.  Alas, I had a sleepless night as I wasn't prepared to go to sleep whilst it was still out there.  In the morning as the sun rose and we got to survey the damage we had three fences down and our blow up swimming pool was a wreck.  So I dont think I will forget this Christmas for a long time.


It was very dark but here are some pictures of the patio on the lawn and across the road and you can see all the dust in the air.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely gifts both sent and received. Blogging friends are just wonderful aren't they. Oh my goodness I have looked at your storm pictures how scary for you - at least you were all safe. xxx

Rowyn said...

Beautiful Xmas ornies both given and received.

What a scarey Xmas night for you, no wonder you could hardly sleep after that.

diamondc said...

What a lovely trade you have done with Angela,very nice,horrible storm I am glad you are safe.
Catherine

Deb said...

What wonderful gifts both received and sent!!

But how awful about your Christmas night. I'm glad that no one was hurt.

Julianne said...

Lisa,

Such a nice exchange you sent and received.

I am glad the damage from the storm was not worse. I would have been frightened too. I am glad you are safe.

vEr0n!c@ said...

Beautiful ornaments. Love em!

Yikes! That is one scary storm. Glad to hear that no one was hurt. Take care.

Happy New Year!

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Lisa, what lovely exchanges you received and sent.

And, wow what a storm... we live just south of Perth and while it was very windy on Christmas night we didn't get anything like that. Isn't it amazing how we can be in the same city and have different weather!

Hope that you are keeping cool!

Cheers

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

Wow, that sounds scary and to happen on Christmas Eve...what was Santa thinking??? LOL, I'm glad no one was hurt and your house wasn't badly damaged. I'll email you soon :) Take care!

Mylene said...

Beautiful gifts sent and recieved!!

Happy New year and best wishes for 2011!

Carol said...

I'm so glad that patio roof didn't hit your home, Lisa--no wonder you didn't sleep during that awful storm. It is so funny to think of you sitting in the air-conditioning on Christmas Day while we are huddled around our fireplaces barely staying warm...It hasn't gone above freezing here in almost three weeks!

Your gifts to Angela are so nice--especially love the needleroll. Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year!

Karen said...

Omg...you did have an eventful Christmas! Love both finishes given and received. Wishing you a great new stitching year....

Suzanne said...

I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and that you have a safe and happy new year.

I love the gifts you and Angela both made, they are beautiful.

What a very scary night for you. Looks like we are all having very bad weather at the moment. We had rain and hail like I have never seen the previous week. The girls were terrified and despite it being warm, hid under the blankets and doona.

Lisa S said...

Beautiful gifts both sent & received!

So glad you were safe from the storm! We get those kinds of things here in the Summer and I know how frightening they can be.

Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Carin said...

What a stormy night you had.
I like the ornaments you made and recieved, they are lovely !!

Micki said...

What a lovely swap you had! Happy New Year to you!
Micki